Rush radio on Pandora

tommyali

Ive been listening to pandora a lot recently because I'm moving into a new space and all of my music is in boxes and i have to stream music. Phew, that was a long sentence.

Anyway, Rush on pandora plays a lot of Rage Against the Machine. I find this peculiar. I personally love RATM, but they play almost as many rush songs as RATM. Has anyone else experienced this?

I listen to it a lot when I am doing stuff around the house. They always follow Rush with Zep. They play a lot of Journey too. Yes of course. In my experience if you listen long enough they will play Geddys' My Favorite Headache stuff and Triumph too. I like listening but many times I do not get the connection between " Rush Radio " and some of the artists they lump them in with.

Pandora's play lists are algorhythm-based and factor in the time period of the artist, the genre, and what other listeners of that artist are also listening to, including what they've thumbed up or down. That's why, for example, on The Police radio, I also get Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin - both of whom I thumbs-down as I don't want them on my Police experience.
  • Like 1

I get Dream Theater, Subsignal (which I learned of through Pandora), Van Halen and Tiles. I have gotten RATM and Yes, but not a lot.

I'm kind of sick of Pandora because on my rush radio they barely play any rush. They mix in a few with zeppelin, van Halen, def leppard, Billy squire, journey, and on and on. I like all those bands, but when I have on rush radio, I want to listen to rush.
  • Like 1