And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

So I said if it happened again, I'd get very angry and talk to Lord Hill and... :rage:

I think I'd pay some Dutchmen to set fire to Lord Snowdon.

...with only a cup of coffee at eleven. :fury:

the last item on our menu of fun is the coffee

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador. :coffee:

I am working on a new disease, which I hope to turn into a musical

But this is not the only open-air production here. Over there in One Little Victory, Formula 2 car racing. :cheerleader:

The white car represents Crelm toothpaste with the miracle ingredient, Fraudulin. The non-white car represents another toothpaste.

A tie! Well, what a fantastic result. Well, the replay will start tomorrow at 7.30 a.m. :popcorn:

Now here is a time check. Its six and a half minutes to the big green thing.

Time enough I think for a piece of wood.

Yes, you can't beat wood....Gorn!

Explain the logic underlying that conclusion, please. :blink:

Because ... Drake ... was ... too ... clever for... the German ... fleet. :gumby:

Get over there against the wall Britischer pig, you're going to die! :bang bang: :gumby:

After a few minutes I perceived a line of gentlemen with rifles. They were looking in my direction... I looked around but could not see the target. :huh:

What, that tree there? The big beech with the sort of bare branch coming out of the top left? :unsure:

... well, I've just been told that this is not in fact the legendary walking tree of Dahomey, this is one of Africa's many stationary trees. :(

Oh, is it? Oh, how wonderful. Oh, I am so happy for you. :coy:
  • Like 2

So I said if it happened again, I'd get very angry and talk to Lord Hill and... :rage:

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador. :coffee:

But this is not the only open-air production here. Over there in One Little Victory, Formula 2 car racing. :cheerleader:

The white car represents Crelm toothpaste with the miracle ingredient, Fraudulin. The non-white car represents another toothpaste.

A tie! Well, what a fantastic result. Well, the replay will start tomorrow at 7.30 a.m. :popcorn:

Because ... Drake ... was ... too ... clever for... the German ... fleet. :gumby:

Get over there against the wall Britischer pig, you're going to die! :bang bang: :gumby:

After a few minutes I perceived a line of gentlemen with rifles. They were looking in my direction... I looked around but could not see the target. :huh:

What, that tree there? The big beech with the sort of bare branch coming out of the top left? :unsure:

... well, I've just been told that this is not in fact the legendary walking tree of Dahomey, this is one of Africa's many stationary trees. :(

I ... um ... used to make them happy in little ways, sir. :blush:
  • Like 2

I ... um ... used to make them happy in little ways, sir. :blush:

And did you take even sterner measures against the great Catholic nobles who made common cause with foreign foes in defense of their feudal independence? :tsk:
  • Like 2

And did you take even sterner measures against the great Catholic nobles who made common cause with foreign foes in defense of their feudal independence? :tsk:

Another merciless sweep across Central Europe. ;) :LOL:
  • Like 2

You wouldn't have had much fun in Stalingrad. :P
  • Like 2

Yes I quite agree with you, I mean I'm fed up with going abroad and being treated like a sheep, what's the point of being carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their 'Sunday Mirrors', complaining about the tea, 'Oh they don't make it properly here do they not like at home' stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh cos they 'overdid it on the first day'!
  • Like 2

Yes I quite agree with you, I mean I'm fed up with going abroad and being treated like a sheep, what's the point of being carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Boventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their 'Sunday Mirrors', complaining about the tea, 'Oh they don't make it properly here do they not like at home' stopping at Majorcan bodegas, selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in cotton sun frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh cos they 'overdid it on the first day'!

You want to complain ... look at these shoes ... I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through. If you complain nothing happens ... you might just as well not bother
  • Like 2

You want to complain ... look at these shoes ... I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through. If you complain nothing happens ... you might just as well not bother

The shoe has brought us here. Speak to us, Master! Speak to us! Give us a sign! :codger:
  • Like 2

The shoe has brought us here. Speak to us, Master! Speak to us! Give us a sign! :codger:

the zodiacal signs, the horoscopic fates, the astrological portents, the omens, the genethliac prognostications, the mantalogical harbingers, the vaticinal utterances, the fatidical premonitory uttering of the mantalogical omens - what do the bleeding stars in the paper predict, forecast, prophesy, foretell, prognosticate...
  • Like 2

the zodiacal signs, the horoscopic fates, the astrological portents, the omens, the genethliac prognostications, the mantalogical harbingers, the vaticinal utterances, the fatidical premonitory uttering of the mantalogical omens - what do the bleeding stars in the paper predict, forecast, prophesy, foretell, prognosticate...

Well, this is largely as I predicted, except that the Silly Party won. :banghead:
  • Like 2

Well, this is largely as I predicted, except that the Silly Party won. :banghead:

No, the whole premise is silly and it's very badly written.
  • Like 2

The remaining copy of the joke was laid to rest here in the Berkshire countryside, never to be told again. :boohoo:
  • Like 2

The remaining copy of the joke was laid to rest here in the Berkshire countryside, never to be told again. :boohoo:

I just spent four hours burying the cat.
  • Like 2

Were you successful, Sir John? :unsure:
  • Like 2

Colonel Sir John Teasy-Weasy Butler, veteran K2, Annapurna, and Vidal.
  • Like 2

...Silly Party...33,108. :atickhum:
  • Like 2

A tie! Well what a fantastic result. Well the replay will start tomorrow at 7.30 a.m.
  • Like 2

A tie! Well what a fantastic result. Well the replay will start tomorrow at 7.30 a.m.

At seven o'clock Ken gets up, and goes back to bed again because it's far too early. :oops:
  • Like 2

At seven o'clock Ken gets up, and goes back to bed again because it's far too early. :oops:

Too early to tell ... too early to say... it means the same thing. The word 'say' is the same as the word 'tell'. They're not spelt the same, but they mean the same. It's an identical situation, we have with 'ship' and 'boat', but not the same as we have with 'bow' and 'bough', they're spelt differently, mean different things but sound the same. :wacko:
  • Like 2

Too early to tell ... too early to say... it means the same thing. The word 'say' is the same as the word 'tell'. They're not spelt the same, but they mean the same. It's an identical situation, we have with 'ship' and 'boat', but not the same as we have with 'bow' and 'bough', they're spelt differently, mean different things but sound the same. :wacko:

Much better than 'newspaper' or 'litter bin'. :yes:
  • Like 2

We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper
  • Like 2

I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out. :tsk:
  • Like 2

I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out. :tsk:

Oh, you don't have to. I can drink the whole bottle. :hail:
  • Like 2

This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is BEWARE!. This is not a wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0062.gif
  • Like 2