New Dream Theater album "DREAM THEATER poll, what's the verdict?

treeduck

How good is the new Dream Theater album?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the new DT album called "Dream Theater"?

• 10 out of 10! Clearly the greatest Dream Theater album of them all without question!
    • I give it 9 out of 10, an excellent album one of their very best and no mistake!
    • I'll say 8 out of 10, it's very good, just not quite up to old DT standards, enjoyable though and impressive.
    • I'll give it a 7, it's pretty good and has moments of excellence
    • 6 out of 10, it's not bad overall and I really like two or three of the songs.
    • 5 it's average prog metal by numbers, one or two songs are passable
    • It's a 4 out of 10 score for me, a very weak album and a far cry from the top DT albums. I liked one track though.
    • Absolutely poor, 3/10! A worthless album for me. I'll never listen to it again, it's a coaster.
    • I'll give it a 2 it's probably among the worst albums of DT's career, if not the worst
    • Terrible! A turgid shitfest! A bum-f***ing for the eardrums! 1/10
    • Abysmal, 0 out 10! It's hideous and pathetic! A rancid ear infection of an audio experience, the kind that makes you spew rotted bowel matter through your nose!
    • I give it poop on a stick out of 10. Poop for poop! Shit in your ears for 25 years!

First impressions, T-D?

Well I like it so far but I can't really comment on individual tracks yet, it all seemed to surge together on first listen. Probably because I was still thinking about listening to the VT Remix! Sounds good though. :givebeer:

I´m hooked on The Looking Glass today...Petrucci´s solo starts à la Trail of Tears, evolves with his Brad-Gillis whammy bar throw (the same on Under a Glass Moon) and has one of the most beautiful notes he´s ever played!!! I´m talking about the note at 03:44. Man, I can´t wait to hear this one live!
  • Like 1

Solid album. It's great. To bad all the big drum fills have no syncopation what so ever. Just straight 32nd notes down the kit. I mean break it up and how about some phrases to latch onto. There previous album was a lot better. Liked the writing ADMTOE.
  • Like 1

I´m hooked on The Looking Glass today...Petrucci´s solo starts à la Trail of Tears, evolves with his Brad-Gillis whammy bar throw (the same on Under a Glass Moon) and has one of the most beautiful notes he´s ever played!!! I´m talking about the note at 03:44. Man, I can´t wait to hear this one live!

The only thing bad with these songs is that none of them are going to be on Live at Luna Park!

• Like 1

The only thing bad with these songs is that none of them are going to be on Live at Luna Park!

I know...that wasn´t their smartest marketing move. But I think the delay in Live at Luna Park was due to some technical issue with the Blu-ray, right?