Gruden - Monday Night Football Grudenisms - The thread for classic Gruden commentary

treeduck

Dolphins win both and they're in.

Ravens lose one and we finish ahead of them. Ravens win both and we tie the bengals. If we tie the ravens and chargers at 9-7 we win the tiebreak, I think.

The Ravens in the driving seat in the AFC wild card chase, they may even steal the division title...

It won't be a theft, oh ye of little faith. Not bad for a team that lost 8 starting players last year, eh?

Edited by Finding IT

The Ravens in the driving seat in the AFC wild card chase, they may even steal the division title...

It won't be a theft, oh ye of little faith. Not bad for a team that lost 8 starting players last year, eh?

Well the AFC hasn't provided much competition, a few weeks ago the contenders for the AFC wild cards were the Chiefs and a bunch of 5-6, 4-7 teams. So the window has been wide open for them. They've put together some good wins though since then.

Back in November I reported that former Super Bowl winning coach Jon Gruden would be drawn to the possibility of coaching the Raiders or Falcons, and I continue to hear that Oakland in particular has a certain appeal to him and owner Mark Davis could re-start attempts to lure Gruden back.

Davis was in protracted talks to try to land Gruden late in the 2012 season, league sources said, and while the Raiders' finances have been constrained, and it would take a massive commitment to land Gruden and his staff, it remains possible with young head coach Dennis Allen again under review and the Raiders still stuck on four wins. While many in the coaching fraternity frown on the Raiders' coaching situation, sources said Gruden, who formerly coached there, maintains a strong connection to the team and is very close with Raiders Hall of Fame coach John Madden. The idea of being the man to save the franchise and restore it to glory definitely carries a certain cache to Gruden, who is about to complete another season in the broadcast booth at ESPN.

The Falcons are not expected to make a change at head coach, though if owner Arthur Blank did, sources continue to suggest Gruden would consider that situation. The Raiders, however, are considering other options in terms of their front-office hierarchy and coaching staff, and league sources expect Davis to re-ignite efforts to gauge Gruden's interest in the job and ascertain whether or not there can be a financial fit this time around.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24384241/jon-gruden-remains-intrigued-by-the-oakland-raiders

Noooooooo. We can't lose him on MNF. Unless that means Herm! in the broadcast booth...

• Like 1

There's

Back in November I reported that former Super Bowl winning coach Jon Gruden would be drawn to the possibility of coaching the Raiders or Falcons, and I continue to hear that Oakland in particular has a certain appeal to him and owner Mark Davis could re-start attempts to lure Gruden back.

Davis was in protracted talks to try to land Gruden late in the 2012 season, league sources said, and while the Raiders' finances have been constrained, and it would take a massive commitment to land Gruden and his staff, it remains possible with young head coach Dennis Allen again under review and the Raiders still stuck on four wins. While many in the coaching fraternity frown on the Raiders' coaching situation, sources said Gruden, who formerly coached there, maintains a strong connection to the team and is very close with Raiders Hall of Fame coach John Madden. The idea of being the man to save the franchise and restore it to glory definitely carries a certain cache to Gruden, who is about to complete another season in the broadcast booth at ESPN.

The Falcons are not expected to make a change at head coach, though if owner Arthur Blank did, sources continue to suggest Gruden would consider that situation. The Raiders, however, are considering other options in terms of their front-office hierarchy and coaching staff, and league sources expect Davis to re-ignite efforts to gauge Gruden's interest in the job and ascertain whether or not there can be a financial fit this time around.

http://www.cbssports...oakland-raiders

Noooooooo. We can't lose him on MNF. Unless that means Herm! in the broadcast booth...

There's been a rumour that he's interested in the Texans job too.

I think he'll be right there again next season in the bus with his Gruden Grinders database!

For the last time this year, it's Gruden time!

Maybe the last time ever... :no:

Naaaa he'll be back! :pokercards: :yes:

If the choice was coaching and announcing, I'd choose the booth every time!