Gruden - Monday Night Football Grudenisms - The thread for classic Gruden commentary

treeduck

We can't play any worse than that 1st quarter that was like being warped back to the Jim Haslett era...

Haslett? How about the Dick Nolan era?

JD Roberts?

You're going a bit before my time with those guys, but don't take me back! Bum Philips was the Saints head coach when I got into football...

We can't play any worse than that 1st quarter that was like being warped back to the Jim Haslett era...

Haslett? How about the Dick Nolan era?

JD Roberts?

You're going a bit before my time with those guys, but don't take me back! Bum Philips was the Saints head coach when I got into football...

I believe Roberts' first game was the Dempsey 63 yard FG game.

I think it's possible we might wear down their O-line, we have some very good guys in the D-line rotation.

Could be. Stamina will be down the first game back.

We're f*cked, 27-7 down at the half and they get the ball first in the second half. This is the worst Saints performance I've seen for ages. We're getting our ass kicked.

Wilson is playing outstanding, and the Saint offense has been underperforming. But sometimes you have to hand it to the other guys (not that I ever do that).

Now a loss to the f***ing Jets. That has to be the worst performance in ages, doesn't it? I mean, considering the utter shit that the Jets are? Or how about a loss to the Lambs a couple of years ago? Or the Chiefs last year?

We're f*cked, 27-7 down at the half and they get the ball first in the second half. This is the worst Saints performance I've seen for ages. We're getting our ass kicked.

Wilson is playing outstanding, and the Saint offense has been underperforming. But sometimes you have to hand it to the other guys (not that I ever do that).

Now a loss to the f***ing Jets. That has to be the worst performance in ages, doesn't it? I mean, considering the utter shit that the Jets are? Or how about a loss to the Lambs a couple of years ago? Or the Chiefs last year?

Last year was bad all through but that was mainly because we'd been Goodhelled. The Rams loss in 2011 was the last time we were this bad with Payton but that was after we blew out the Colts 62-7 so maybe we were too cocky against the Rams.

Last year was bad all through but that was mainly because we'd been Goodhelled. The Rams loss in 2011 was the last time we were this bad with Payton but that was after we blew out the Colts 62-7 so maybe we were too cocky against the Rams.

Thank you for helping me remember the Curtis Painter era in Indy. Good times...

• Like 1

So, let's see if Payton's plan of taking the crowd out of the game by letting the Seahawks get a big lead will work...