Email has been hacked

Gompers

I currently lost access to one of my email accounts. I have been hacked and I am pretty sure it is someone at work with access to my personal records (Birthdate I suspect). It is a Mail.com account and I sent two requests for help within the past hour. I am really pissed.

It is one of those times when you really want phone support but there is none.

Man that sucks. On the bright side you only lost that one account. If your other passwords are similar, I recommend you switch those too. ie if your email was something like potatomail and your TRF password is potatoRush I recommend you start changing things. If you're rather paranoid (like me :P ) I recommend you also change the emails associated to any account that points to that mail account. So if you've got an amazon account that is associated to your mail.com account, log in and change it to a new email.

Many moons ago I had lost a few of my accounts because I was an idiot and kept the same password for everything. That taught me a lesson and I've got completely different passwords for all of my important accounts (mail, amazon, ebay, etc).

I hope you regain control of your account soon.

• Like 1

Man that sucks. On the bright side you only lost that one account. If your other passwords are similar, I recommend you switch those too. ie if your email was something like potatomail and your TRF password is potatoRush I recommend you start changing things. If you're rather paranoid (like me :P ) I recommend you also change the emails associated to any account that points to that mail account. So if you've got an amazon account that is associated to your mail.com account, log in and change it to a new email.

Many moons ago I had lost a few of my accounts because I was an idiot and kept the same password for everything. That taught me a lesson and I've got completely different passwords for all of my important accounts (mail, amazon, ebay, etc).

Yeah, first thing was changed all other email PWs. This was a viscous attack too. I know it. I really need a good idea for payback.

Yeah, first thing was changed all other email PWs. This was a viscous attack too. I know it. I really need a good idea for payback.

Decapitation. He won't try it again. Trust me, I know.

It will help you get ahead too
  • Like 2

It will help you get ahead too

It will prevent the hacker from being the head of a major corporation, too.

• Like 1

Had my Hotmail account hacked once, but either I was just in time or the hacker really stupid, because I managed to reset my password using my alternative email adress. I know one who wasn't that lucky, and there was nothing to do.

But you say you suspect to it to be someone you work with? Man, if that's true what a creepy fella :(