Non-faded out version of Closer to the Heart?

USB Connector

I was playing the song on rock band the other day and I was wondering if any of the official releases have it end where you can actually hear them end the song. If rock band got a hold of this master recording I'm sure it must exist somewhere.

Anyone know where I can get a good quality recording of the song that ends like this (short of ripping the song from the game)?

Sure sounds like all that they did was take the punches that come in right before the solo and stick 'em at the end of the song. It's a pretty horrible-sounding edit...I'm guessing this was done by the Rock Band engineers.

This won't help with what you actually want, but you can check out MusicInTheAbstract's site and find songs' unfaded endings, though they're just snippets, unfortunately. I agree it would be nice to have full versions of many of these songs.

Sure sounds like all that they did was take the punches that come in right before the solo and stick 'em at the end of the song. It's a pretty horrible-sounding edit...I'm guessing this was done by the Rock Band engineers.

Now that I watch the video is does sound pretty bad as nothing but the guitar comes through. I play it through a 5.1 surround sound and it sounds fine to me and pretty close to how they ended it on the TM tour. The drums and bass don't come through on the video I posted. Anyway, it might be edited. I figured it isn't because the WHOAOAOA at the end is there in full without fading and it sounds like what they do live.

This! Its just and edit probably just for the game.

The guitar is the focus because it's the only track being played. If you had people on Guitar/Drums/Bass/Vox they'd all come through normally.

Huh? I hear vox, drums and bass on the clip.

I love the ending on Closer to the Heart with Geddy's whoa! Back when his voice was at it's peak. I didn't care much for the rockband ending.

Ahh, yes. If only Geddy was able to sing like that still......His voice was at it's peak circa '77/'78

I was playing the song on rock band the other day and I was wondering if any of the official releases have it end where you can actually hear them end the song. If rock band got a hold of this master recording I'm sure it must exist somewhere.

Anyone know where I can get a good quality recording of the song that ends like this (short of ripping the song from the game)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5rtwcMQ1ZIc&t=165

I liked watching this! Thanks for posting! :ebert: