Who is your favourite DR WHO? And who is your number 2 , who is the WORST?

treeduck

Dr Who questions!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best DR WHO according to you????????????

• William Hartnell
    • Patrick Troughton
    • Jon Pertwee
    • Tom Baker
    • Peter Davidson
    • Colin Baker
    • Sylvester McCoy
    • Paul McGann
    • Christopher Eccleston
    • David Tennant
    • Matt Smith
    • Peter Capaldi (even though no one's seen him yet I KNOW he's the best)
  2. 2. Who is the SECOND best Dr Who according to you?????????

• William Hartnell
    • Patrick Troughton
    • Jon Pertwee
    • Tom Baker
    • Peter Davidson
    • Colin Baker
    • Sylvester McCoy
    • Paul McGann
    • Christopher Eccleston
    • David Tennant
    • Matt Smith
    • Peter Capaldi (I KNOW he's the number 2 doctor without ever having seen him)
  3. 3. Who is the WORST Dr Who of all, who's the real shit-feeding little stinker of a Doctor?

• William Hartnell
    • Patrick Troughton
    • Jon Pertwee
    • Tom Baker
    • Peter Davidson
    • Colin Baker
    • Sylvester McCoy
    • Paul McGann
    • Christopher Eccleston
    • David Tennant
    • Matt Smith
    • Peter Capaldi (Even though I've yet to see him as the Dr, I KNOW in my heart this guy is gonna be crap! The worst, the dregs FFS)

Favourite: Tom Baker

Second Favourite: Patrick Troughton

Least Favourite: None, I love 'em all...but if I had to pick one (and it seems that in this poll I do have to pick one), I'd probably go with Eccleston...not because of how he played the part...just because he seems to have disowned the show since leaving, and doesn't want anything to do with it (of course, if they've managed to keep his involvement in the 50th anniversary a secret, then I'll still be pleased...but as yet, the story is that he turned down the chance to be in it :( )

Worst: Colin Baker

oh, for shame...he's a great Doctor, just unfortunately lumbered with some bad stories, but he's my favourite of the 80's Doctors

Edited by Your_Lion

Least Favourite: None, I love 'em all...but if I had to pick one (and it seems that in this poll I do have to pick one), I'd probably go with Eccleston...not because of how he played the part...just because he seems to have disowned the show since leaving, and doesn't want anything to do with it (of course, if they've managed to keep his involvement in the 50th anniversary a secret, then I'll still be pleased...but as yet, the story is that he turned down the chance to be in it :( )

oh, for shame...he's a great Doctor, just unfortunately lumbered with some bad stories, but he's my favourite of the 80's Doctors

Not the worst worst, per se, just the storylines ruined him.

Yeah, I can understand that.

With Colin, they were going for more of a character arc, where he'd start off more bad tempered and arrogant, and gradually we'd see him mellow (just like they did with William Hartnell)...but unfortunately, they had a year hiatus after his first series, came back with fewer episodes, then he was sacked...before the character arc could get very far.

Still, there are many scenes (particularly in the Trial of a Time Lord) where he come across quite sweet and friendly...like where he gives the receptionist a bouquet of flowers

Yeah, I can understand that.

With Colin, they were going for more of a character arc, where he'd start off more bad tempered and arrogant, and gradually we'd see him mellow (just like they did with William Hartnell)...but unfortunately, they had a year hiatus after his first series, came back with fewer episodes, then he was sacked...before the character arc could get very far.

Still, there are many scenes (particularly in the Trial of a Time Lord) where he come across quite sweet and friendly...like where he gives the receptionist a bouquet of flowers

Admittedly, an amazing 14 part episode.

I still don't actually know what happened with him. Bit I heard was that when he got fired and they already had Sylvester McCoy waiting to take over, they suddenly thought: "Hang on! What about the regeneration?!" So they tried to get Colin back who told them where to go, and were forced to use Sylvester, telling him to put the multicolored clothing on, lie under the console and wait on cue.

I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Babycat

I still don't actually know what happened with him. Bit I heard was that when he got fired and they already had Sylvester McCoy waiting to take over, they suddenly thought: "Hang on! What about the regeneration?!" So they tried to get Colin back who told them where to go, and were forced to use Sylvester, telling him to put the multicolored clothing on, lie under the console and wait on cue.

Ratings had been slipping for a while, and the smart thing to do would have been a change of producer to shake things up a bit and breath new life into it. John Nathan Turner, the producer, wanted to leave, too, he'd had a nice long run (he joined for Tom Baker's final year), but BBC head honcho Michael Grade had a thing against Doctor who and wanted to finish it off, and JNT was told that if he left the show, he wouldn't be replaced...so JNT had to stay or the show would die.

Colin Baker became the scapegoat, and all the blame for the ratings were put on his shoulders and was fired (despite the fact that he was the best thing about the show at that point)

But since he was fired between series, there was no regeneration filmed. They contacted Colin again about filming the regeneration, but he was still angry at being fired. Also, if he came on just to do the regeneration, he would still be counted as the current Doctor, and therefore Colin feared wouldn't be offered any other work until it had been broadcast. He said he'd do it, as long as he got a full story first , and then regenerated at the end. The BBC refused, so dressed McCoy up in a wig as Colin, to regenerate into himself.

I always get defensive about Colin, because out of all the Doctors, he was given the sh1ttiest end of the stick. (McGann too, I guess)

Edited by Your_Lion

Ratings had been slipping for a while, and the smart thing to do would have been a change of producer to shake things up a bit and breath new life into it. John Nathan Turner, the producer, wanted to leave, too, he'd had a nice long run (he joined for Tom Baker's final year), but BBC head honcho Michael Grade had a thing against Doctor who and wanted to finish it off, and JNT was told that if he left the show, he wouldn't be replaced...so JNT had to stay or the show would die.

Colin Baker became the scapegoat, and all the blame for the ratings were put on his shoulders and was fired (despite the fact that he was the best thing about the show at that point)

But since he was fired between series, there was no regeneration filmed. They contacted Colin again about filming the regeneration, but he was still angry at being fired. Also, if he came on just to do the regeneration, he would still be counted as the current Doctor, and therefore Colin feared wouldn't be offered any other work until it had been broadcast. He said he'd do it, as long as he got a full story first , and then regenerated at the end. The BBC refused, so dressed McCoy up in a wig as Colin, to regenerate into himself.

I always get defensive about Colin, because out of all the Doctors, he was given the sh1ttiest end of the stick. (McGann too, I guess)

So did I get any part of my comment right?

Ps, poor fella... :hug2:

Yeah, pretty much. I was just filling in the detail.

Yeah, pretty much. I was just filling in the detail.

So really it wasn't it wasn't his fault - he just got caught in the crossfire.

Tennant is my favorite and Tom Baker is second. As for the worst, i'm not sure about that one. I only became a fan of the show last year by watching the reboot. When it comes to the original run of the show, I've seen a little bit from all the Doctors but not really enough to say who is worst. When it comes to old Who, Tom Baker is the Doctor I've seen the most episodes from. Both him and Tennant are just too awesome in the role and both played it perfectly. If I ever make it through to whole series and change my mind I can always come back and switch my vote.

I agree with the Eccleston pick. :goodone:

I agree with the Eccleston pick. :goodone:

Chris Eccleston wasn't that bad.

For me it's Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee as my faves and Colin Baker as the worst. Colin overacted like a mad bastard!

I always liked Jon Pertwee, but I remember the storylines being particularly dull when he was Doctor. He did a lot of driving around on 20th century Earth in a car, as I recall.

For me it's Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee as my faves and Colin Baker as the worst. Colin overacted like a mad bastard!

I always liked Jon Pertwee, but I remember the storylines being particularly dull when he was Doctor. He did a lot of driving around on 20th century Earth in a car, as I recall.

Yes, I was happy to see Tom Baker moving out into space a lot more after Jon's reign.

I like the theory that Colin Baker is the Doctor's Midlife crisis...hence the flashy coat

I like the theory that Colin Baker is the Doctor's Midlife crisis...hence the flashy coat

I absolutely loved that multi-techicolored dreamcoat style coat! :wub:

• Like 1

First Doctor Who was Peter Cushing in the two Movies from the 1960's...Then it was Tom Baker and the fun really began !!!!!! Really like how Russell T. Davies improved the Series.....BTW are there any TORCHWOOD fans here ?