Under the Dome

Khan

Anyone watching this turd of a show? Had to give up on it after one and a half episodes. Horrible acting and storyline.

I was actually bored out of my skull...what a piece of crap!

Anyone watching this turd of a show? Had to give up on it after one and a half episodes. Horrible acting and storyline.

We tried watching it too, I just don't see the point of it all. Extremely stupid.

The first effing thing I would do if somehow a "dome" appeared above me is start digging. NOBODY did that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure of it yet. I was interested in watching it because they filmed it in Wilmington, NC - 2 hours from my home. Someone who read the book filled me on the ending and where it comes from (assuming the show's ending is the same) and I can't say I'm overly thrilled and seems to follow a trend setup on previous Stephen King books such as Tommy Knockers and It.

As for plot and two episodes, it's kind of hard to follow.

We tried watching it too, I just don't see the point of it all. Extremely stupid.

The first effing thing I would do if somehow a "dome" appeared above me is start digging. NOBODY did that.

Actually, last night somebody tried to with a tractor but was discouraged from doing it because others who've been close to it have died or gone into seizures.

I read the book which was actually good....except for the end which I have always found to be the weakest part of Kings books. He can write an amazing book but so many times I find his explanation for the events that occurred in the novel, or the actual "Grand Finale" are really anticlimactic and weak.

As for the mini series. Watched the first episode and have kinda forgotten about it.

I read the book which was actually good....except for the end which I have always found to be the weakest part of Kings books. He can write an amazing book but so many times I find his explanation for the events that occurred in the novel, or the actual "Grand Finale" are really anticlimactic and weak.

As for the mini series. Watched the first episode and have kinda forgotten about it.

I so agree. Pop-fizzle ending, thy name is Stephen King.

I passed on this one. The book started out promisingly enough, but got so slow by midpoint that I cheated and looked up the ending.

Spoiler alert

Oh, it's aliens. How predictable and boring. Glad I didn't waste any more time on the book and didn't bother with the movie.

Edited by Mara

I just got back from RushCon yesterday and had bought a Kate Bush documentary while there so I watched that last night. I actually forgot about 'Under the Dome". I knew about the spoiler from a friend of mine and once I heard that I was disappointed. I had still planned on watching it for the smaller stories within the bigger, overall story, but if I forgot to watch it, then it can't be all that great.

The end was really a fairytale ending. It wasn't really anything spectacular. Just something to make you feel good.

Good God....who is the honey in your sig gif?