RushCon 13 - who's goin'?

circumstantial tree

Just checking to see who is going. I'll be there from Friday to Monday (wish I could be around longer).

After over a decade of Rushcons I'm surprised none of them has ever made at least a very brief cameo appearance. That's not so much a criticism as it is simply a thought.

However, Rushcon organizers have done a nice job of bringing in VIP that are/have been closely connected to Rush

There's a con for this band? Haha. Did not know that!

We should definitely go next year. Because I figure I need to go at least once. And you should too. Peer pressure.

We should definitely go next year. Because I figure I need to go at least once. And you should too. Peer pressure.

It'd be cool to go in a non-touring year. My Rush money is going to the tour this year :)

• Like 1

We really shouldn't be going this year due to money woes, but we are going since I haven't been since 2009. There's nothing saying that Geddy, Alex, or Neil wouldn't show up (although Neil showing up will never happen).

I have met Alex's mother and sister though as well as Donna Halper and Mosbach, Neil's security guy and fellow cycler.

I think the bus ride on Saturday from Toronto to Lakeside Park and then to the show in Hamilton will be fun. We took a bus at RushCon 6 to Niagara Falls. It was great fun.

This year seems to be tough on a lot of folks, I think a lot of it due to it being July 4th weekend when people make plans to do other things.

It'd be cool to go in a non-touring year. My Rush money is going to the tour this year :)

Let's all do it. It will be a blast. :)

• Like 1

Wish some of you could have come up there. I had a great time as usual. I won a few door prizes including a book with all of the music of the entire Clockwork Angels album plus the Classic Rock magazine that was all Rush. Lots of good stuff in those interviews. Hung out at Lakeside Park in St. Catherines. Great place to see for any Rush fan. The merry go round that wheezes the same ol' melody is still there for 5 cent rides. Of course, I went to see Rush in Hamilton, practically Neil's birthplace. Oh, the guy who posed for the guy in the Rush logo was at Lakeside park as well. He came by for a visit courtesy of a fan who knows him. I didn't meet him personally but some got their picture taken with him.