Boy, 10, finds $10,000 in Kansas City hotel room

Tom Sawyer

This reminds me of that movie, 'A Simple Plan'. Even if you are dishonest, it's not a good idea to keep the money.

Anyway, if it is money from an illegal venture, the owner probably won't show up to claim it and it will legally go to the finder.

"Schaefer told his son they couldn't keep the cash because they didn't know who it belonged to"

Dad was teaching his son to be honest. Honesty is always the best policy. Good karma will come back to them someday. my 2 cents.

Boy, I am really wrestling with myself, after reading the story. I don't know that I wouldn't have kept that money. It's not really that much money, but it's nothing to sneeze at, either.

It was probably part of a drug bust, and the cops forgot about it putting the money there, or the hotel rented out that room and they shouldn't have.

This reminds me of that movie, 'A Simple Plan'. Even if you are dishonest, it's not a good idea to keep the money.

Anyway, if it is money from an illegal venture, the owner probably won't show up to claim it and it will legally go to the finder.

Nobody wants this guy on their tail...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m93xy5vcuO1ruo6h0o1_500.jpg

I couldn't keep that sort of money - I'd have to be honest and hand it in.

Me too.