No offense, but the RRHOF is a joke!

nhlrush

And for the record, everything I say comes directly from Snaked, it's all his fault....rumor is, he doesn't even like Rush....

:o

I've had the pleasure of being near him during shows and he is only singing along to every other word....what's up with that....

Singing every other word? Why, what a talent!

No mind not rent any or always yet he changes permanent change!

GM, you should see me laughing right now. I just figured out the words are from Tom Sawyer. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Better late than never. That's my motto! :rush:

And for the record, everything I say comes directly from Snaked, it's all his fault....rumor is, he doesn't even like Rush....

I've had the pleasure of being near him during shows and he is only singing along to every other word....what's up with that....

GM, you should see me laughing right now. I just figured out the words are from Tom Sawyer. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

What NHL forgot to mention is that I actually have an A and a B setlist just like the band does.. so the every other word thing switches for each show as well

his is for don't him as his......

What NHL forgot to mention is that I actually have an A and a B setlist just like the band does.. so the every other word thing switches for each show as well

his is for don't him as his......

You know, this would make a good game. A kind of "Name That :rush: Tune", but you only get every other word of a line of lyrics. Of course, I won't be playing, beings I don't have my Masters degree or PhD in Rush-onics. ;)

This changes everything now that Rush is in the RRHOF. They will no longer be our "personal band" sorta speak. They will now join the ranks of Rolling Stones and Aerosmith.

People that never gave a rats ass about Rush before will all of a sudden like them. Will be more people (not genuine fans) going to their shows. Jacking up ticket prices!

Personaly, I think Rush should do the right thing and turn down this stupid induction. They have said it in the past that the RRHOF mean nothing to them.

People who dislike Rush are not going to suddenly become superfans just because they are being inducted, just as Rush fans aren't going to become disco loving, Donna Summer fanatics.

I don't see the harm in the band being exposed to new fans, however - they have plenty of music to go around.

So we learned that John Rutsey will not be inducted with Geddy, Alex & Neil into the RRHOF on April 18....

First off, I wasn't even aware that the actual individuals get inducted, I thought it was just the actual group....

I mean, these aren't ball players going into the baseball hall of fame in cooperstown....

I could understand not having Rutsey up there with Geddy, Alex & Neil if he was alive....I mean he was only in the group for a short time AFTER the first album was released...

But since Rutsey has passed away, wouldn't it be just a nice gesture to include him....

Why ignore the history of Rush.....

no matter what you think of Rutsey, drumming or otherwise, when you flip over the first album cover, there he is....and in fact, he was a member of Rush before Geddy. Don't forget that Jeff Jones was the actual orginal bass player for Rush....

But since Jeff Jones was only in the band a really short time, in 1968, its understandable that he really wasn't a member of rush per se....

But Rutsey was, he played all those shows at school dances, bars and small clubs.....and its great that there is film footage of him introducing the band...

Imagine Neil with a mic behind the drum kit introducing the guys?

I have always been a rush fan who was glad they were ignored by the RRHOF, I always thought the whole thing was silly, based mostly on the non rock musical entities in there....

I appreciate the fact that Rush is being very good sports about the whole thing and yes, they are happy for the fans who care about it, but i bet you deep down they are just being nice canadian boys.....rush doesn't need some RRHOF induction to validate their place in music history...

Well Said. Where would RUSH be without Working Man being played by DH. John was a part of that song and always will be.

I have been a :rush: fan since 1976.

First saw them as the opening band (of 3) on a bill with Robin Trower.

By the time the summer leg of this tour is over, I will have seen them 32 times.

Regarding newbies, my 11 yo daughter will have 5 :rush: shows under her belt by the time this tour ends.

I, for one, welcome all :rush: fans ... Those in "the know" and those just now discovering.

I also love that I have "known something special" for nearly 4 decades and love to share and nurture newbies with my experiences and passion.

By the time the summer leg of this tour is over, I will have seen them 32 times.

Regarding newbies, my 11 yo daughter will have 5 :rush: shows under her belt by the time this tour ends.

I, for one, welcome all :rush: fans ... Those in "the know" and those just now discovering.

I also love that I have "known something special" for nearly 4 decades and love to share and nurture newbies with my experiences and passion.

Nice

May 3rd will be my 7 yr olds 4th show...........don't know how many I've been to but in the 25-35 range. Highlights include first show December 21, 1981 (21st day of the 12th month), September 1983 - 5 nights at Radio city including a 2nd row night. April 2, 2011 (my sons first show at age 5) and a few 1st and 2nd row nights............the next will be the RRHOF........whatever you think about the RRHOF it is an HONOR and to support my favorite band is going to be awesome. Its a significant night in the history of Rush and I wouldn't miss it.

Nice

May 3rd will be my 7 yr olds 4th show...........don't know how many I've been to but in the 25-35 range. Highlights include first show December 21, 1981 (21st day of the 12th month), September 1983 - 5 nights at Radio city including a 2nd row night. April 2, 2011 (my sons first show at age 5) and a few 1st and 2nd row nights............the next will be the RRHOF........whatever you think about the RRHOF it is an HONOR and to support my favorite band is going to be awesome. Its a significant night in the history of Rush and I wouldn't miss it.

Despite my criticism of the RRHOF and my opinion which still feels the whole thing is a joke.....I do respect your appreciation of the night...

But i had to tell you my first rush show was friday, september 23rd, 1983 at Radio City, the final night of the five show run there.....Was so lucky to buy a ticket from a guy on the street who was wearing a polygram record jacket....He had an extra ticket, It was a comped ticket with a price on it of $0.00 - it was third row center at Radio City.....

He charged me $40, which for a 15 year old in 1983 was a LOT of money, believe it or not....

But I got to experience the thrill of a lifetime....which of course was priceless...I feel really lucky and blessed to have had that experience....