17 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you iron clothing?

• Never
    • Once every few years
    • A couple times a year
    • Maybe once a month
    • Once a week
    • More than once a week

We have an iron. And an ironing board. Hmmm, I think I'll make some room in the linen closet and throw them both out.

I don't wear anything that needs ironing, and neither does my husband. One prerequisite for any item of clothing I buy is that it can be washed in the washer, dried in the dryer, and come out wrinkle-free. I have a couple of dry-clean-only items but never wear them. Same with DH's suit.

All of my nice shirts and pants for work go to the cleaners. I tried washing everything myself and then ironning, and it took too much time.

As infrequently as I possibly can!

In my experience, nice shirts and pants usually get pretty wrinkle free after a few minutes in the dryer - that's a hell of a lot easier/less pain in the assish then ironing.

I too like the iron-'em-in-dryer method for wrinkle-free items. Nice and lazy.

I pull them right from the dryer and hang them up immediately before they get a chance to wrinkle. I almost never have to do the dryer "iron", but when I do - I spray with a little water to build up some steam :)

Yep, and I do the water spray trick as well.

I hear that throwing a dry towel into the dryer with a load of wet towels cuts down on the drying time (if your dryer stops when it senses the clothes are dry). Anyone try this?

what about a "maximum override"

All of my nice shirts and pants for work go to the cleaners. I tried washing everything myself and then ironning, and it took too much time.

LOL ILS! I mentioned doing this route several times to my hubby, but he just looked at me like if I was nuts and had two heads. He likes the personal touch!

:D

I would like to add that I work as a housekeeper in a hotel. We wash and iron the chefs' jackets daily so I usually end up ironing SOMETHING every other day on average...

Although we don't do the sheets and tablecloths by hand... Thank God!! We have a machine that does it for us. We just have to feed them through and they pop out the bottom all ironed.