Pink Waters V. Floyd Gilmour! Which Band Version Of Pink Floyd Do You Love The Most?

RUSHHEAD666

David Gilmour Vs. Roger Waters  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Of Pink Floyd Is The Best?

• David Gilmour's Pink Floyd
    • Roger Waters Band
    • None! They Need To Reunite One Last Time!!!! EGOMANIACS SUCK!

I've never seen Pink Floyd with Waters and Gilmour together but I have seen both bands with them apart. I've seen Gilmour's Pink Floyd Band twice and I've seen the Roger Waters Band perform "Dark Side Of The Moon" all the way through.

I think it's hard to pick the band that is better. I really love Snowy White and he tours with Waters.

Then again I do think that the Gilmour version of the band is better. For me it's all about the guitar. Gilmour wins hands down.

Also Wright was dynamite. RIP

I like Gilmour's vocals better too.

Ok so it's easier than I thought.

GIlmour WINS!

I've seen all versions of both bands, numerous times, and they were all amazing concerts. Even though the latest Wall Tour was in my mind a masterpiece, the best concerts were Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. These were rock concerts in every sense. David is just a way better musician than Roger.

In fact, out of the 730+ concerts I've seen in my life, Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are my two favorite concerts, ever!

I've seen all versions of both bands, numerous times, and they were all amazing concerts. Even though the latest Wall Tour was in my mind a masterpiece, the best concerts were Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. These were rock concerts in every sense. David is just a way better musician than Roger.

In fact, out of the 730+ concerts I've seen in my life, Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are my two favorite concerts, ever!

YES!! You have said it all!! I saw Momentary Lapse and Division Bell too!! MINDBLOWING!

Floyd blew away Roger Waters covering "Dark Side!"

I was going to go to the Waters "Wall" concert at AT&T Park in San Francisco and I passed!! I am a FOOL!

Oh well!

Damn 730 concerts? I thought I was a rock and roll junky! I am very impressed!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Do you mean Momentary Lapse vs. The Wall?

Or Roger Waters solo vs. Momentary Lapse?

Or something else?

:huh:

Sorry Tommy for my confusing Topic Header!!

Just trying to find out which band people on here love more: Roger Waters Band Vs. David Gilmour's Pink Floyd.

I've only got one question about Pink Floyd:

Who the heck's Pink?!

He's the tall, skinny one. Floyd's the fluffy one. :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

:P

Yeah, but I meant is Pink one of these 3: Roger Waters, David Gilmore or Sid Barrett?

I've only got one question about Pink Floyd:

Who the heck's Pink?!

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?

I can't answer the question. I've seen Waters solo (Pros and Cons), Gilmour solo (About Face) and "Floyd" (Division Bell). The "Floyd" concert was astounding visually and aurally. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is one of my favourite concerts ever - the first half was all Pink Floyd music and the second half Waters' album in it entirety and was a spectacular stage show. Gilmour's show was a very straight forward rock show with his music and assorted Pink Floyd tunes.

To me, without Wright, there can be no Pink Floyd reunion. In addition, there is no Pink Floyd in the absence of Roger Waters. Waters/Gilmour/Wright/Mason *is* Pink Floyd (imo).

For those who have actually seen The Floyd. :notworthy: TDSOTM is one of the concert tours that I wish that I was old enough to see.

I was fortunate enough to see the Division Bell tour in 94. Amazing. Gilmour is on a different level than just about any other musician that isn't in a band called Rush.
  • Like 2

I was fortunate enough to see the Division Bell tour in 94. Amazing. Gilmour is on a different level than just about any other musician that isn't in a band called Rush.

That's the tour i saw in Foxboro Mass. Excellent show indeed ! I remember it was cold and rainy but who cared?

That's the tour i saw in Foxboro Mass. Excellent show indeed ! I remember it was cold and rainy but who cared?

We had perfect weather. We were in Soldier Field right on Lake Michigan. Great concert in a great venue! :ebert: