Realization

ShlappinDahBass

C'mon now everyone! Fess up and admit it. We all know in our heart of hearts that Rush (particularly one member that I won't mention) can do no wrong! Right?

ONE MEMBER ?

Sorry. It was meant as a joke. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :)

I think I know what you meant! ;)

But, yes, they are all talented, and each boy brings something that would be sorely lacking if he was missing. Well, obviously it would be lacking because the boys make a tripod that needs three legs to stand on and all that analogy, but you know what I mean. Each guy is irreplaceable.

• Like 1

Yes, Mika, you are correct... all three guys. However, there sure seems to be no shortage of "Geddy Corns" around here!!!

Even my least favorite album of theirs is a good record. I can always find something to like about it. There are some that never get old. I rarely listen to Roll The Bones, but it reminds me of the tour which was a great one.

the only album i dont like i think.

but i do like the live versions of a couple songs better, so i have no need to play the orig cd.

C'mon now everyone! Fess up and admit it. We all know in our heart of hearts that Rush (particularly one member that I won't mention) can do no wrong! Right?

ONE MEMBER ?

Sorry. It was meant as a joke. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :)

I think I know what you meant! ;)

But, yes, they are all talented, and each boy brings something that would be sorely lacking if he was missing. Well, obviously it would be lacking because the boys make a tripod that needs three legs to stand on and all that analogy, but you know what I mean. Each guy is irreplaceable.

I agree - if one of them could no longer go on, they would do best to just call it quits. That's why I hate it they are getting up there in age, but there isn't anything we can do about that. Even Neil said he thought he had maybe another couple of good years left and that was it. You lose strength in your arms as you get older.

Sometimes I wish I could push the clock of life back.

There used to be a time when there was 5/6 songs I wasn't font of...

That's all changed now!! I love it all!!

:wub: :rush:

There used to be a time when there was 5/6 songs I wasn't font of...

That's all changed now!! I love it all!!

:wub: :rush:

Good to hear! What makes Rush so life-long to listen to is the evolution of their albums. Every album has a different sound and feel to it...when you get tired of listening to, say Presto, you go to Counterparts or Test for Echo...etc. It's great.

I need to know if there are any others who do! Even enjoying Counterparts, Vapor Trails, Feedback, or even their self-titled album. Anyone with me?

I didn't know :rush: (one of my favorites!) and Feedback were considered bad albums.

I need to know if there are any others who do! Even enjoying Counterparts, Vapor Trails, Feedback, or even their self-titled album. Anyone with me?

I didn't know :rush: (one of my favorites!) and Feedback were considered bad albums.

Oh man, this forum is notorious for ripping on those albums. All I see are negatives about those albums.

I think I enjoy every album in large part because of Neil, actually. His drumming is always very energetic, and I can always connect with his lyrics. Plus, even if the arrangements for guitar are simpler, Rush are beyond the point where they must prove their technical abilities. These last couple decades have been a great opportunity for them to show how they can simply craft a great song -- no smoke, no mirrors.

I think I enjoy every album in large part because of Neil, actually. His drumming is always very energetic, and I can always connect with his lyrics. Plus, even if the arrangements for guitar are simpler, Rush are beyond the point where they must prove their technical abilities. These last couple decades have been a great opportunity for them to show how they can simply craft a great song -- no smoke, no mirrors.

Ah, yeah. Good point. I never thought of the lyrics, as well. Neil's drumming can liven up a lot of songs. You are correct, they have been showing their top talent this past decade.