Favorite extreme metal albums

adace1

also, darkthrone has a new record out! havent listened to it yet though

Well, I'm happy to report that the new one is really good. Lots of awesome Motorhead/Metallica-esque riffs. I'm guessing it's their best album since their 90's stuff though I haven't heard anything in between then.

Not that I listen to it today, but in the 80s I listened to Venom. Their albums "Possessed" and "Welcome to Hell" were among my favorites.

also, darkthrone has a new record out! havent listened to it yet though

Well, I'm happy to report that the new one is really good. Lots of awesome Motorhead/Metallica-esque riffs. I'm guessing it's their best album since their 90's stuff though I haven't heard anything in between then.

it's their best since the mid-90s, yes!

Not that I listen to it today, but in the 80s I listened to Venom. Their albums "Possessed" and "Welcome to Hell" were among my favorites.

I would consider venom the pioneers of extreme metal...you can hear venom influence in thousands and thousands of bands

I mean, they even got one of metal's biggest sub-genre's named after them. their influence on metal can't be overstated

I still like their first 3 albums, and I wear my BLACK METAL shirt (which says LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GODS ROCK N ROLL on the back) fairly often

I would consider venom the pioneers of extreme metal...you can hear venom influence in thousands and thousands of bands

I mean, they even got one of metal's biggest sub-genre's named after them. their influence on metal can't be overstated

I still like their first 3 albums, and I wear my BLACK METAL shirt (which says LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GODS ROCK N ROLL on the back) fairly often

I know how important their influence is blah blah, but they're still unlistenable for me. If only the production wasn't so poor.

Edited by Steevo

I know how important their influence is blah blah, but they're still unlistenable for me. If only the production wasn't so poor.

I think the production on Black Metal is pretty decent, Welcome To Hell though definitely sounds like shit. Horrible production aside, I love this band!

Personally, Venom never really grabbed me but I sure respect them for the influence they've had.

In other news, as this thread is about extreme metal, I have to say that the new Cult of Luna and Intronaut albums are fantastic. The new one from Suffocation is pretty sweet as well.