PROG 101: It Bites "Once Around The World" Behind The Scenes!

RUSHHEAD666

I can't stop listening to the It Bites album "Once Around The World." The album is beyond a classic.

I came across this 8 minute documentary of It Bites recording the self titled track. It's excellent!

Andy Summers is in the video but he gets cut off at the end.

Worth a watch if you love progressive rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI5QCem2fx4

IT BITES RULE!

I'll take a listen, Earl, but surely they have the worst name ever!!! Sounds like an 80s pop band.

I agree! It is a horrible band name. Very Eighties indeed. They are a progressive rock band with some pop infused in their sound!

They are very underrated if you ask me!

I'll take a listen, Earl, but surely they have the worst name ever!!! Sounds like an 80s pop band.

I agree! It is a horrible band name. Very Eighties indeed. They are a progressive rock band with some pop infused in their sound!

I'll put together a death metal band and call it "It stinks". :laughing guy:

I'll put together a death metal band and call it "It stinks". :laughing guy:

Hahahaha!!

It Bites was formed in 1984 with frontman Francis Dunnery and broke up in 1990, then reformed in 2006 with a new frontman called John Mitchell.

Love,

Sister Sarah

Hahahaha! Good one Cat! Good song too!

:ebert:

I loved It Bites back in the day. "Once around the world", especially the title track is to my mind a classic. When Francis Dunnery left I thought that was it. Then the reformation with new singer/guitarist - I just didn't have any interest. However, the two new albums ("The tall ships" and "Map of the past") are both very, very good. Anybody who likes prog rock with a dash of pop should check them out.

Had to bring this back up to the surface!

Been in a big IT BITES Mode today! This band is sooooooo underrated!!

The John Mitchell Era is great too! I love KINO and his side band LONELY ROBOT. Also has a group called FROST. Very talented dude!

• Like 1

Once around the world is a fantastic album. Brilliant. The best of their 1st 3 albums imo.

One of my favourite albums of all time actually.

Early posts talk about their band name being very 80s - well they did have that look about them even though they were playing prog rock albeit with a dash of 80s pop. Bit like a certain band beginning with R....

They had a hit, Caling all the heroes, on their 1st album which was a bit more pop-rock-like if I remember rightly. And they went a bit more prog on Once..

I must check out the John Mitchell albums. I thought they stopped at the follow-up Eat me in St Louis which I didn't think was as good as Once. Ok but not as good.

I've seen some live YT with the later guitarist John Mitchell, who replaced Francis Dunnery (great guitarist who reputably was trying to be the main man of the band over the cause of their 1st 3 albums which caused them to split...) playing the long song Once around the World live and he and the band were (still) great.

• Like 1

The John Mitchell Era is great too! I love KINO and his side band LONELY ROBOT. Also has a group called FROST. Very talented dude!

Was about to post this. I've become a huge Frost fan, and own/enjoy all the Lonely Robot albums as well. Kino is less of a thrill for me, but still a solid band. I follow John on social media and he's a particularly clever person and has some great insights. It's great to have class acts carrying prog forward.

• Like 1

Was about to post this. I've become a huge Frost fan, and own/enjoy all the Lonely Robot albums as well. Kino is less of a thrill for me, but still a solid band. I follow John on social media and he's a particularly clever person and has some great insights. It's great to have class acts carrying prog forward.

That's awesome buddy! You are very smart Stoopid.

Once around the world is a fantastic album. Brilliant. The best of their 1st 3 albums imo.

One of my favourite albums of all time actually.

Early posts talk about their band name being very 80s - well they did have that look about them even though they were playing prog rock albeit with a dash of 80s pop. Bit like a certain band beginning with R....

They had a hit, Caling all the heroes, on their 1st album which was a bit more pop-rock-like if I remember rightly. And they went a bit more prog on Once..

I must check out the John Mitchell albums. I thought they stopped at the follow-up Eat me in St Louis which I didn't think was as good as Once. Ok but not as good.

I've seen some live YT with the later guitarist John Mitchell, who replaced Francis Dunnery (great guitarist who reputably was trying to be the main man of the band over the cause of their 1st 3 albums which caused them to split...) playing the long song Once around the World live and he and the band were (still) great.

Cranking this album now! It is there best! Then going into a BUDGIE FEST!