Black Sabbath Officially Announce New Album ’13′!

fonzbear2000

From: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/black-sabbath-officially-announce-new-album-13/

Black Sabbath have announced the title of their new album!

13 will be released in June via Vertigo and was recorded in LA, with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk joining original Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler for the recording sessions.

Produced by Rick Rubin, the album news follows a year in which we saw Sabbath recover from the shocking news that Tony Iommi had been diagnosed with cancer to play a triumphant homecoming show in Birmingham and close Download 2012. This year, Sabbath have already confirmed an Australian tour, as well as the first ever Japanese Ozzfest.

Anyway, we now know we’re getting a new Black Sabbath album in June. Roll on June. Oh, GOD, roll on June.

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!
  • Like 3

I didn't like the 2 title for the second Black Country Communion album either. It didn't matter so much though with that one though and it came very quickly after the first one too. Sabbath have had 35 years since the last Ozzy Sabs album to think of something half decent.

and really the last sabbath album I thoroughly enjoyed was mob rules, although dehumanizer was decent and I thought even born again had some okay songs like trashed and zero the hero

but yeah my hopes are not high at all, but I know a dude who saw sabbath at lollapalooza last year and apparently they're still kicking ass

well ozzy hasnt done anything decent in nearly 30 years IMO except a good song here and there

The last decent Ozzy album was "No More Tears" but I didn't listen to it much. The last good Ozzy album that I still like is "The Ultimate Sin", which came out in 1986 27 years ago, so you're right or near enough.

and really the last sabbath album I thoroughly enjoyed was mob rules, although dehumanizer was decent and I thought even born again had some okay songs like trashed and zero the hero

but yeah my hopes are not high at all, but I know a dude who saw sabbath at lollapalooza last year and apparently they're still kicking ass

At least we can rely on Iommi and Butler, "The Devil You Know" album had some pretty good stuff on it

At least we can rely on Iommi and Butler, "The Devil You Know" album had some pretty good stuff on it

yeah that album kicked some ass, but then again dio kept making good albums after 1983 and ozzy didn't

although dio had his share of clunkers too

the devil you know kicked ass, but with heaven and hell and mob rules already existing, I never had much inclination to listen to it more than a few times

as for solo ozzy, my thoughts are well documented, but yeah scream is one of the biggest turds in rock history

the devil you know kicked ass, but with heaven and hell and mob rules already existing, I never had much inclination to listen to it more than a few times

as for solo ozzy, my thoughts are well documented, but yeah scream is one of the biggest turds in rock history

Without Rhoads and/or Bob Daisley writing the songs Ozzy material has been trash. Daisley last wrote Ozzy material on the "No More Tears" album. He wrote on all the first six Ozzy records, all the lyrics and obviously had some input on the music and the vocal melodies as well..

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll be into the album when it comes out. Like TDYK, I suspect it will end up collecting dust on the shelf, but hopefully they'll take a page out of Rush's book and release a stunner.

As time goes by and you collect more and more albums, some albums are bound to spend more time on the shelf. There's only so many albums you can listen to in a day!

I'm sure I'll be into the album when it comes out. Like TDYK, I suspect it will end up collecting dust on the shelf, but hopefully they'll take a page out of Rush's book and release a stunner.

As time goes by and you collect more and more albums, some albums are bound to spend more time on the shelf. There's only so many albums you can listen to in a day!

True. But I'm confident Clockwork will stay on my iPod permanently, while VT isn't. I don't expect another Master of Reality, but something better than Scream or TDYK would be great.

True. But I'm confident Clockwork will stay on my iPod permanently, while VT isn't. I don't expect another Master of Reality, but something better than Scream or TDYK would be great.

Don't expect even another Technical Ecstasy if you don't want to be disappointed.

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/87/33/001f3387_medium.jpeg

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/87/33/001f3387_medium.jpeg

The cannon should have been aimed at Cherone!