Orchestra insight - NO SPOILERS please

Lost In Xanadu

Just curious what people who saw the show thought about the show with the addition of the orchestra.

Please don't say "it was great in <SONG>" but give a broad opinion.

Also - anyone know if they plan to carry the orchestra thru to the second leg?

The musicians (2 cellos, 6 violins) were great to see. They really seemed to be enjoying the songs and you could see them bobbing or tapping along to the songs when they weren't playing.

When they were playing, they were never "out front". Their sound was present and distinctive but not obtrusive in the least, imo. Always well blended. They were dressed in dark colored, thematically appropriate attire and placed on a riser behind (and slightly higher than) Neil so as not to detract attention from the band.

To me, the strings only augmented the songs in which they were used. They diminished none. Extremely effective and I loved their use. wub.gif Rush appeared to enjoy having them on stage too.

1022.gif

I thought it was a neat touch, but honestly, in the louder parts, I could not make out the strings at all. They were obviously there in the quieter parts, but not so much otherwise - I would have liked a little more in the mix. I was up near the stage and perhaps below the overheads...