Rush dropped off for me after the album..

Gilbertk

I listened to the new album for 2 weeks, OD'd on Rush and then barely listened to them at all. Now that opening day is here... I'm back to non-stop Rush!

How does it work for everyone else?

Do you binge on Rush from tour announcement until the show(s)? Do you listen to Rush less before the show? Or does nothing change at all?

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Sep 7 2012, 01:08 PM)
I listened to the new album for 2 weeks, OD'd on Rush and then barely listened to them at all. Now that opening day is here... I'm back to non-stop Rush!

How does it work for everyone else?

Do you binge on Rush from tour announcement until the show(s)? Do you listen to Rush less before the show? Or does nothing change at all?

I've been listening to Rush nearly exclusively for the past couple of weeks. 1022.gif

After Roll the Bones I went away to college. I pretty much stopped listening. Two years ago a neighbor reintroduced me and I've been immersed ever since. I would guess 75% or more of the music I've played in my daily two hours in the car has been RUSH. At age 40 I'm appreciating RUSH way more than I did when I was 20. I can listen to their stuff over and over. Everytime I listen I discover something new. So back to the question... I've been immersed pretty heavily for a couple of years. The new album hasn't changed the amount that I listen.

If you mean in general: I go through stages where I will listen to a lot of RUSH but I almost always listen to at least "some" RUSH every week.

If you're talking about during tour time: I catch the RUSH bug and go on marathons of listening to nothing but RUSH...like today.

I always binge on an artist for a few weeks before seeing them. I think it's natural.

When I was a kid I got into RUSH during Permanent Waves and stayed with them until Signals, like many I'm sure. I OD'd on Subdivisions and then set them aside for quite a while. Then one day in the record shop at UCSD I came across A Show of Hands and got re-hooked. Been back ever since.