The Garden

Hakky2112

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 21 2012, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Aug 18 2012, 02:02 PM)
I hate to be a buzzkill here, but to me it goes on too long and gets too repetitive. It's a nice song and I'll enjoy it in concert, but after the solo I think it starts to sound like a typical sappy power ballad that goes on too long. Geddy's vocals get a little too whiny for me as well. Maybe if they chop 1 1/2 to 2 minutes off the end, then it may be more tolerable.

There's something about the repetition in the back half of the song that really works well for me.

Though the song doesn't sound at all like U2 or Coldplay, I do get a bit of the vibe that I'll often get from some tunes of theirs that seem orchestral and powerful in terms of their impact through the use of repetition. Especially so in live performances.

To me i feel the repetition for a few seconds just before the piano break who make all the difference, because its was about to be too repetitive before that break. After the solo, i don't feel any repetition because it's not very long. So i think the song has a perfect time duration, for those who love that kind of ballad.

Edited by RUDT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Aug 24 2012, 02:57 PM)
Just listened to CA... The line "future disappear into memory"... In my opinion is about Selena. "hope is what remain to be seen" is about Olivia... What do you think?

Interesting... Never thought of it like that.

I get chills every time I hear it, especially at the end of Alex's solo when it blends back into the chorus. It's absolutely incredible, and it happens every single time I hear it. I nearly cried the first time I played it. Absolutely beautiful!!! Edited by pfrushfan0122