Which Neil Do You Prefer?

presto123

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 18 2012, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 18 2012, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 17 2012, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 17 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 17 2012, 03:49 PM)
I preferred not an old grumpy douche Neil smile.gif

trink39.gif

Yeah, cheers. I can't believe he had the audacity to act all old and grumpy after his 19 year old daughter crashed into a tree and his wife died of greif within a year of each other.

You guys are something else.

Neil is in a good place right now - very gregarious and more open then ever.

I welcome anything that brings him happiness. He has gone through things that would break many of us in half.

Everyone has problems, and loved ones dying sooner or later is a guarantee.

If you think that what Neil experienced is exceptionally tragic, I recommend talking to more people about their troubles and how they fixed themselves through it.

Negativity breeds negativity, Neil is nowhere near as wise as you would like to think.

What a load of crap.

Many of us here are middle aged and have all experienced loss.

However, I doubt that many of us have lost our entire immediate family -our entire WORLD - in one fell swoop.

And I never suggested he was a superhero. He is a human and handled the experience like a human. It is disgusting to me that people like you try and minimize his loss.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I've met a man who lost his daughter because she was born with an unrecognized lung defect. A 16 year old who's dad abandoned him at 10, his mom die when he was 14, and now he is stuck with his step dad. A woman who lost her baby of 3 months. This is all tragic, so is what happened to Neil.

Open your eyes. Stop ranking tragedy and making excuses for Neil's behavior.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Neil didn't handle his greif in a way that you approve of. Did he personally hurt you in some way? Do you know him? His freinds? His family?

I just don't understand the motivation to minimize the tragedy he endured or the way he "handled" it and yes i do find it offensive for you to call him a "douche" because of it.

I think sitting back and making judgements about the way he handled the death of his wife and daughter is obscene.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 18 2012, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 18 2012, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 17 2012, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 17 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 17 2012, 03:49 PM)
I preferred not an old grumpy douche Neil smile.gif

trink39.gif

Yeah, cheers. I can't believe he had the audacity to act all old and grumpy after his 19 year old daughter crashed into a tree and his wife died of greif within a year of each other.

You guys are something else.

Neil is in a good place right now - very gregarious and more open then ever.

I welcome anything that brings him happiness. He has gone through things that would break many of us in half.

If you think that what Neil experienced is exceptionally tragic, I recommend talking to more people about their troubles and how they fixed themselves through it.

Negativity breeds negativity, Neil is nowhere near as wise as you would like to think.

What a load of crap.

Many of us here are middle aged and have all experienced loss.

However, I doubt that many of us have lost our entire immediate family -our entire WORLD - in one fell swoop.

And I never suggested he was a superhero. He is a human and handled the experience like a human. It is disgusting to me that people like you try and minimize his loss.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I've met a man who lost his daughter because she was born with an unrecognized lung defect. A 16 year old who's dad abandoned him at 10, his mom die when he was 14, and now he is stuck with his step dad. A woman who lost her baby of 3 months. This is all tragic, so is what happened to Neil.

What behavior? What did he do that was so bad? You act like you know him personally and you don't.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 18 2012, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 18 2012, 05:46 PM)

What behavior? What did he do that was so bad?

I was wondering the same thing.

I don't get how Neil comes across as any more grumpy than Geddy or Alex.

People who judge without a measure of mercy, indeed...

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 18 2012, 10:07 PM)
By now, I know when to stop on this forum. Perhaps some will see my points and it's validity. Sorry if any fans are truly upset over my criticism.

I think sitting back and making judgements about the way he handled the death of his wife and daughter is obscene.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 02:26 PM)
Improv . He needs to totally revamp his solo and this is the way to do it . I think his solo's have become boring and predictable , this will change that

I wish he would do away with his drum solo altogether. I'd much rather here one or two deep cuts or something they've never played live before than to sit through yet another drum solo. I love Neil and have enjoyed his solos through the years, but again, I'd rather here some songs!

Just horrible.

shocking the guy has never gotten hurt before any of the shows. he does so much motor cycling every day. hundreds of miles at a time. he's still has all limbs accounted for. it wouldn't be neil that gets himself hurt. it would be some bone headed driver that doesn't see him. he thinks big alright.

QUOTE (shail @ Aug 20 2012, 03:35 PM)
shocking the guy has never gotten hurt before any of the shows. he does so much motor cycling every day. hundreds of miles at a time. he's still has all limbs accounted for. it wouldn't be neil that gets himself hurt. it would be some bone headed driver that doesn't see him. he thinks big alright.

No matter how you get to the show it all entails risk. Kudos to Neil for keeping the adventure in touring.

By now, I know when to stop on this forum. Perhaps some will see my points and it's validity. Sorry if any fans are truly upset over my criticism.

You weren't making a criticism.

You made some obscene, disgusting and nonsensical judgements about the way Neil handled the death of his entire immediate family - as if it somehow effects you personally.

There is no validity to it whatsoever. It's mean spirited and rather creepy.

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 20 2012, 06:48 PM)

You made some obscene, disgusting and nonsensical judgements about the way Neil handled the death of his entire immediate family - as if it somehow effects you personally.

Agreed, it was uncalled for. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 20 2012, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 20 2012, 06:48 PM)

Agreed, it was uncalled for. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Holy cow - did we just agree on something??

I'm playin the lotto

tongue.gif

Just for the record, I was agreeing with IsNot about Neil being grumpy. His personal tragedies had nothing to do with my comment. His tragedies are his own business.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 20 2012, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Aug 20 2012, 03:35 PM)

No matter how you get to the show it all entails risk. Kudos to Neil for keeping the adventure in touring.

If you read his blogs, he certainly has a lot of respect for the road. He's always saying he has to believe he's invisible to everyone else, and rides accordingly. He's a careful, and wise shunpiker. trink38.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2012, 05:26 PM)
Just for the record, I was agreeing with IsNot about Neil being grumpy. His personal tragedies had nothing to do with my comment. His tragedies are his own business.

Same went for me until eshine pushed it onto me.

Then I had to explain the fact of life and death.

I said my sorry. I'm not feeding any flame at this point, but eshine seems insistent here.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 20 2012, 08:23 PM)

I said my sorry. I'm not feeding any flame at this point, but eshine seems insistent here.

I'm honestly not trying to flame either. I am passionate about certain things - and over the years I have seen many Rush fans minimize the events of Neils life and as a fan I feel a need to defend him. He has never been mean to anyone here personally because none of us know him - but for the love of God - how can anyone downplay what happened to him? His return over the last few years is remarkable. Lesser men would be broken. Why is that a bad thing to say?

The comment that you had to "explian the fact of life and death" is demonstrative of your overall attitude.

You don't need to explin anything to us. We are adults and have all experienced loss.

But my original point still stands. Not many of us have endured the loss of our entire immediate family.

QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 20 2012, 07:36 PM)

I'm honestly not trying to flame either. I am passionate about certain things - and over the years I have seen many Rush fans minimize the events of Neils life and as a fan I feel a need to defend him. He has never been mean to anyone here personally because none of us know him - but for the love of God - how can anyone downplay what happened to him? His return over the last few years is remarkable. Lesser men would be broken. Why is that a bad thing to say?

The comment that you had to "explian the fact of life and death" is demonstrative of your overall attitude.

You don't need to explin anything to us. We are adults and have all experienced loss.

But my original point still stands. Not many of us have endured the loss of our entire immediate family.

It's not, and that is true. All I can stand by is that I don't agree with Neil on a few of his stances. I'm sorry for offending and for being insensitive. I was bad with my abstract thinking and too centered on my personal experiences.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 20 2012, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 20 2012, 07:36 PM)

It's not, and that is true. All I can stand by is that I don't agree with Neil on a few of his stances. I'm sorry for offending and for being insensitive. I was bad with my abstract thinking and too centered on my personal experiences.

Okay fair enough - I apologize for being extreme in my responses as well.

I tend to get a little carried away at times wink.gif Just passionate, not interested in making enemies the world sux enough.

Cheers