The Kimono's are Back: Orchestra Uniform

What does it mean to you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What does it mean to you?

• No, the Kimono's don't add to the experience at all
    • NBD--I wasn't alive when RUSH actually wore them
    • Yes, this is a step in the right direction.
    • Uhhhhhh, Holy Crap--I'm having a Rushgasm
    • Gimme a break, I want the mullets

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 10 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 10 2012, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Aug 10 2012, 01:42 PM)
There is no photo, this is all a gimmick. Although it would be cool if they brought back the Kimonos, there is no proof that it is true.

There is too a photo.

There is a photo, but it's a fake. The Mighty Dudad very effectively provided proof: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=2717482

And Tombstone, if the orchestra members really were wearing kimonos, this topic title would be a spoiler, visible from the main page. Just saying, in case you come across an actual spoiler down the road.

It took him longer to do the research than it took me to make it.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 10 2012, 04:13 PM)
There is no photo, this is all a gimmick. Although it would be cool if they brought back the Kimonos, there is no proof that it is true.

There is too a photo.

There is a photo, but it's a fake. The Mighty Dudad very effectively provided proof: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=2717482

And Tombstone, if the orchestra members really were wearing kimonos, this topic title would be a spoiler, visible from the main page. Just saying, in case you come across an actual spoiler down the road.

rofl3.gif

If you made this, you did a great job! Great colours, fabric and design! It looks very cool.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Nice work, by the way. The double neck pic screamed FAKE at me because it had too many red flags for me as a guitar player, but the kimono one was nicely done.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 10 2012, 03:22 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Nice work, by the way. The double neck pic screamed FAKE at me because it had too many red flags for me as a guitar player, but the kimono one was nicely done.

goodpost.gif

cool10.gif That is fantastic Hermy!!!

Can't say enough about it!

trink39.gif

BTW--how did you find a pick with the gears on it? That's what puzzles me.

Well done and thanks for that laugh!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 10 2012, 04:22 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Yes, the guitar was pretty apparent. I like the bass one that I've seen with Geddy and the 4-neck Ric (how could he even reach that?!?) - very Spinal Tap and easily picked up by the knowledgeable eye. smile.gif

I still think the kimono is very cool tough, fake or not.

hermy, ever consider a career in fashion design? You have a really good eye!

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 10 2012, 03:36 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Yes, the guitar was pretty apparent. I like the bass one that I've seen with Geddy and the 4-neck Ric (how could he even reach that?!?) - very Spinal Tap and easily picked up by the knowledgeable eye. smile.gif

Heck ya....getting these beauties made up as we speak:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/tshirt3.jpg

QUOTE (hermy @ Aug 10 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 10 2012, 03:36 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Heck ya....getting these beauties made up as we speak:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/tshirt3.jpg

z7shysterical.gif

signs015.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Aug 10 2012, 01:08 PM)
I was asked to post this by Tombstone Mountain because he can't copy & paste his phone(scroll down for spoiler):

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/SteamKimono.jpg

Isn't that unbelievable??? It's hypnotic...

1022.gif

cool10.gif cool10.gif

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

"Pulling into Khatmandu"

2.gif

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Really? I thought the lighting on her face was off.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 10 2012, 07:38 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

The kimonos seems real enough...th gears seem to be a part of the garb...where does the original photo come from??? Anyone have a clue?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 11 2012, 02:15 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

The kimonos seems real enough...th gears seem to be a part of the garb...where does the original photo come from??? Anyone have a clue?

Yeah that was a really nice touch! I bough it hook line and sinker. If this was photo shopped, it was done really well for that aspect alone!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2012, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 11 2012, 02:15 PM)

There is too a photo.

rofl3.gif

Yeah that was a really nice touch! I bough it hook line and sinker. If this was photo shopped, it was done really well for that aspect alone!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

It's CIA quality...I still look at it and it seems real...great job!!!

1022.gif

I love the attention to detail (the gears on the bodice and around the hem, the color and the fabric). A very convincing forgery. Delightful!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Aug 10 2012, 01:01 PM)
I thought this was another joke post until I looked at that thread... which is also another joke post, but then halfway through there actually is a picture of somebody from the orchestra in a kimono, standing in front of one of Alex's amps.

I think it looks cool!

I got taken on this one big time...I had no idea it was a forgery. I just reported it like it was big news. Well Hermy this by far the most creative and brilliant PhotoShop job I've seen. Please give us more of this stuff...simply applaudit.gif

2.gif

The kimono is a real steampunk-themed kimono. Hermy did an amazing job photoshopping it into the Rush stage set-up. The original picture that I found is here (looks like some kind of steampunk clothing/custome shop).

http://ageofsteam.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/steam-kimono.jpg

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 12 2012, 08:54 PM)
The kimono is a real steampunk-themed kimono. Hermy did an amazing job photoshopping it into the Rush stage set-up. The original picture that I found is here (looks like some kind of steampunk clothing/custome shop).

http://ageofsteam.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/steam-kimono.jpg

I didn't know steampunk was that big...I mean what other production in the world would use a steampunk motif for Kimono's? Obviously this is in a dressing room of some kind where people are dressed in the same motif.

Is there a play that uses them? the actual outfit is real...

I asked the Mighty Dudad where he got the original photo, please read:

I just did a simple Google search for "steampunk kimono" and the real image came up. It was from a wordpress web site, and looked to be from some kind of custome shop or maybe a movie costume/wardrobe department or something like that. If you right-click on that image in one of the forum threads in which it appears and select Properties, you can see the exact URL for where it came from.

there is more than meets the eye here...it may not be a real photo in front of the amps, but the coloring is spot on from the real photograph...I don't think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility to be a reality...just saying. Not like steampunk is taking over the world, or Japan...

Hmmmmmm....

I don't know, I worked at a professional printing press once and I've seen what they could do with an ordinary photo. These guys are professionals. They can make people disappear and you wouldn't even second guess that they were ever in the picture. It may be possible that these are real garbs, but then again the whole thing may be produced in a manner of minutes not hours!

yes.gif

The problem I have with the whole thing is that if these ladies were part of the String Section where are the instruments. I perform with orchestra all the time they don't leave there instruments hanging around. The lady in the background even brought her back pack/ Purse what ever it is. If these were musicians you would be able to see some signs of their instruments. They would not leave them on stage or around while they entered the Dressing room. They would be in hand or in the room.

But then "Anything can happen!"

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k