Strings!? (not counting CA)

Torgo Satyr

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jul 24 2012, 05:19 AM)
A few years ago, Lifeson specifically mentioned 2112 as a possibility to be played with strings:

There's been talk about getting an orchestra together and doing "2112." That's almost Spinal Tap-ish in concept. But at the same time, it might be kind of cool with a great visual presentation.

I think it would be awesome to see them cover Stonehenge. biggrin.gif

Or the inukshuk (from TFE cover) with the face from CA clock (with scarlet mists that spill over into rage...and into a godzilla-like rampage)... wacko.gif

If it comes down to a choice between hearing a live rendition of, let's say "Losing It" with strings versus not hearing it at all, I say "bring on the violins!"

I don't hear anybody complaining about recent encores that include a polka- or reggae-version of Working Man, and if THAT song isn't sacred, nothing is.

Looking forward to a live album in 2013 that doesn't sound exactly like R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live.

QUOTE (sitboaf @ Aug 6 2012, 08:37 PM)
If it comes down to a choice between hearing a live rendition of, let's say "Losing It" with strings versus not hearing it at all, I say "bring on the violins!"
I don't hear anybody complaining about recent encores that include a polka- or reggae-version of Working Man, and if THAT song isn't sacred, nothing is.
Looking forward to a live album in 2013 that doesn't sound exactly like R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live.

I double that. The best parts of TTMT Live were the songs not played before or in ages.

Caravan, BU2B, The Camera Eye, Presto, Faithless, Marathon.

So for Ca Tour bring on the new and unplayed songs with or without strings:

All of Clockwork Angels, Losing it, Manhattan Project, Jacobs Ladder, Cut to the Chase, Vapor Trails, Open Secrets, Lock and Key, Where's my Thing, Nobody's hero, Middletown Dreams, Cold Fire, Afterimage, The Weapon, The Enemy Within, Different Strings, Hemispheres (Prelude) and Xanadu (Entire).

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 7 2012, 07:43 AM)

I double that. The best parts of TTMT Live were the songs not played before or in ages.

Caravan, BU2B, The Camera Eye, Presto, Faithless, Marathon.

So for Ca Tour bring on the new and unplayed songs with or without strings:

All of Clockwork Angels, Losing it, Manhattan Project, Jacobs Ladder, Cut to the Chase, Vapor Trails, Open Secrets, Lock and Key, Where's my Thing, Nobody's hero, Middletown Dreams, Cold Fire, Afterimage, The Weapon, The Enemy Within, Different Strings, Hemispheres (Prelude) and Xanadu (Entire).

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You just racked up a killer show there bud--good call!!!

Gotta say, i'd love to see Peaceable Kingdom from VT. Otherwise, great setlist

trink39.gif

I have seen Rush 12 times the last 10 years. While it never gets close to boring, after seeing them that many times, you kind of know what you're going to get. I am excited about something different this go around. I think the strings will bring something new and exciting to the live show.

Rush knows what's cool, and they know what their fans like. They are more in tune with their fans than any other band. They're not going to do anything that the fans won't like. They know what we want, and I have no doubt it will be very cool.

That being said, my least favorite era by far is the Signals-Hold Your Fire stuff and those songs more than most others are more conducive to strings. I really don't care about seeing a lot of that stuff like Manhattan Project, but I'm sure it will be cool regardless

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

I am skeptical, but then again I don't think rush would do it if it wasn't ddone right. I look fwd to a dvd/brd with something different.

goodpost.gif