NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 24 2012, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 22 2012, 08:27 PM)
Got my ticket for Minneapolis today.  Couldn't help but read those four horrible words.

Shall I try to sneak a camera in anyway??  We'll see.... 653.gif  653.gif

I've done it and after a time, I realized that I'm just annoying the people behind me.

And now when I see people holding up their iPhone or digital camera I think, just enjoy the show, let the camera in your brain capture the memory.

I never had a camera the first 15 times I saw RUSH 1982 - 1992. Why do I need one now?

Yep. Gets a touch old trying to see the band through a sea of outstretched smartphones.

A while back one of the sports mags had a photo featured of an NFL game after which several fans had won the privilege of going onto the field to meet the players.

The photo showed every single one of these "participants" standing there absorbed in "capturing the moment" - tweeting, facebooking, recording. The players were trying to interact with these guys, who totally missed the experience.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jul 24 2012, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 22 2012, 08:27 PM)
Got my ticket for Minneapolis today.  Couldn't help but read those four horrible words.

Shall I try to sneak a camera in anyway??  We'll see.... 653.gif  653.gif

I've done it and after a time, I realized that I'm just annoying the people behind me.

And now when I see people holding up their iPhone or digital camera I think, just enjoy the show, let the camera in your brain capture the memory.

I never had a camera the first 15 times I saw RUSH 1982 - 1992. Why do I need one now?

Thank you for that! At 5'2" it is hard enough to see without someone in front of me holding up their phone all night.

I thought we were past the era of " no camera's". I didn't have that problem on any shows I saw for the TM tour. In fact Geddy and Al hammed it up while I took pics, so I don't understand why the change now. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Apollo @ Jul 25 2012, 12:48 PM)
I always bring a point and shoot camera with me to all concerts and have never gotten hassled about it.

Do you walk right through the gate with it in your hand, or do you stash it somewhere?

I hope they confiscate all the phones and cameras at the Atlanta show, which is the one I will be attending, if The Fates allow it.

There will be a professional live Blue Ray Disk of the tour, that you can buy, later, so just go to the show and try to enjoy it.

When these smartphones came out I use to try and take pictures at football games all the time, and I quickly found out that I was losing the atmosphere of being there by continuously trying to take pictures.

Our brains will make memories that are better than any phone or camera, IMHO.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 25 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Apollo @ Jul 25 2012, 12:48 PM)
I always bring a point and shoot camera with me to all concerts and have never gotten hassled about it.

Do you walk right through the gate with it in your hand, or do you stash it somewhere?

I usually have it in my front pocket underneath my wallet. I am going back to just taking pictures this year and no videos though, as Aikenrooster says you lose some of the atmosphere of the event when you are constantly trying to record video of it. I recorded almost the whole TM show I saw but doing so subtracted from the event itself.

Point and shoots should be fine. I managed to get through a point and shoot and two audio recorders to the MSG 2011 concert, had no problem at bag check.

By the way, those of you complaining about cameras its just how it is now with tech, deal with it. Some of the best live recordings come from boots and while I'm not saying a persons crappy cell phone camera will achieve that, I thank people like Tapehead2 who somehow manage to get through and record high quality boots, cheers!

Edited by Digitallware

QUOTE (Apollo @ Jul 26 2012, 04:53 PM)
I am going back to just taking pictures this year and no videos though, as Aikenrooster says you lose some of the atmosphere of the event when you are constantly trying to record video of it.  I recorded almost the whole TM show I saw but doing so subtracted from the event itself.

I do lose some fun when I go to Brewer and Packer games. I take close to 200 shots at every game with my SLR. Although I've gotten some GREAT pics - worthy of framing - there is a price to pay for such labor.

I usually get my fill of picture taking halfway thru the game and then put the camera away.....but then Braun hits a home run, of course! laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 22 2012, 08:06 PM)
As long as you aren't with your camera out in front row for the entire concert you'll be fine.

SHIT! I have seats 1 and 2 in the 1st row of my section and my tickets say NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS.

QUOTE (Toasted Ghost @ Aug 3 2012, 08:53 AM)
They wont take our phones will they?

I'm wondering the exact same thing??...Should we

even bother taking them into the venue if they're

going to be taken away??

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 4 2012, 02:00 AM)
They're not going to take your phone.. and they probably won't give you much hassle over a simple point and shoot digital camera.

Just don't bring in anything professional quality and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info Snake!! I really appreciate it!

Can ya tell I'm a rush concert newbie? So what's

about the United center that you hate besides the

Rough Neighborhood? (saw another thread....)

Am I risking my life by going solo? Used to live in

NYC so I think I'll be okay...?

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 4 2012, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Aug 4 2012, 02:00 AM)
They're not going to take your phone.. and they probably won't give you much hassle over a simple point and shoot digital camera.

Just don't bring in anything professional quality and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info Snake!! I really appreciate it!

Can ya tell I'm a rush concert newbie? So what's

about the United center that you hate besides the

Rough Neighborhood? (saw another thread....)

Am I risking my life by going solo? Used to live in

NYC so I think I'll be okay...?

I've been very fortunate to see RUSH in some absolutely incredible venues throughout North America over the years... however none of them were in or around Chicago.

The old "World Amphitheatre" is an absolute pit and I'm not talking about how it's maintained. It's just this gigantic eyesore in the middle of nowhere that has no business being there.

The new United Center is in the same horrible neighborhood as the old Chicago Stadium (right across the street actually) and is just another generic cavernous arena that has nothing unique about it.

In all fairness you'll be fine parking your car and walking to/from the arena... but don't go wandering up and down the streets looking for anything interesting to do.