Your thoughts

NaturalScientist75

Greetings all.

Here we are again with a new Albums and a new tour.

Now that you have all had time to listen, I have a few questions. Answer any that you can/will.

1. How do you feel about the Clockwork Angels album? Be as specific as possible.

2. How does it compare to other RUSH albums?

3. Thoughts or wishes for tour?

4. How much CA on tour?

5. Any other comments.

Hope you all enjoy the music and tour. Look forword to seeing many of you in October.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jul 21 2012, 04:55 PM)
It's good.

Like more than some, not as much as others.

The shows will be great. Wish they would play Jacobs Ladder.

Most of it.

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

rofl3.gif

1. How do you feel about the Clockwork Angels album?

It's a modern RUSH masterpiece.

Top Five in my book

Losing It, Tears and Manhattan Project Live!

4. How much CA on tour?

All of it, The Entire work!

5. Any other comments.

This is one of the best album RUSH has created since Moving Pictures.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

1. How do you feel about the Clockwork Angels album? Be as specific as possible.

Its a great album, and while I like S&A and VT, it blows them both out of the water. Best since CP. Favorite tracks are the title track, The Wreckers, and The Garden. Can't really get into 7COG but its not bad at all. I like Halo Effect and Wish Them Well. BU2B2 serves its purpose but its nothing special. Carnies is underrated. Despite the production I really enjoy listening to this album and it was worth the 2 year wait.

I'd say its in my top 10 albums, somewhere between 5-8.

Since there will be a string section, I'd love to hear Losing It. Also want to hear The Analog Kid, Emotion Detector or Middletown Dreams, and Jacob's Ladder. This is just wishful thinking since it'll never happen but I'd like them to get rid of the videos and drum solo so they could play a couple more songs.

4. How much CA on tour?

I'm guessing there will be about 8 tracks played. I wouldn't complain if they played the whole thing live but I'd be happy with BU2B, Anarchist, CA, The Wreckers, The Garden, Headlong Flight, Halo Effect (acoustic], and Caravan.

5. Any other comments?

I've been a Rush fan for almost 3 years, so this album was the first that was released while I was a fan. I'm not sure if the anticipation made me enjoy the album more-so than I would have had I been a fan for years, but I'm sure it'll hold up well and I'll still love it years from now. Can't wait for the show in October!

It's a good, solid album. Not top-tier like Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves, but just a notch below. The honeymoon period has subsided for me, so I'm feeling less "ZOMG RRRRUUUSSSHHH!!!!!" but looking at the album objectively, I think it's their most cohesive, focused effort in a long long time; ever since Roll The Bones there have been some hit-or-miss songs, like they'd been stretching themselves a little too thin on their albums, but this one has no misses IMO. My only real beef with the album is the mastering; it's not the horrifying clipped mess Vapor Trails was, but it's still compressed and loud enough to give me ear fatigue after a while.

Oops yeah kinda answered this one above...

Mixed feelings about the string section thingy. Ugh. But then again, I had mixed feelings when I heard there would be a string section on the album, but as it turns out I think it sounds great. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

4. How much CA on tour?

Probably most of it. What would be cool is if they did a full-on live production of the album with videos between songs to narrate the story and such, but I don't think that'll happen.

5. Any other comments.

Blondes, brunettes, redheads... I have no preference.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 21 2012, 07:21 PM)
Top Five in my book
4. How much CA on tour?
5. Any other comments.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Dude...are we related? I'm now your sycophant.

trink39.gif

One of their better albums. I'D list is as one of the top 10.

Better than some, very jazzy quality.

Cut to the Chase, Losing It

4. How much CA on tour?

Most of the songs, less 3-4.

5. Any other comments.

RUSH will just keep going for many more years.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 22 2012, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 21 2012, 07:21 PM)
Top Five in my book
4. How much CA on tour?
5. Any other comments.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Dude...are we related? I'm now your sycophant.

trink39.gif

Nah we just see the album for what it is . Full of Incredimarvelawesomeness!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

After about 50 listens, I feel the same way about it as I did when I first heard it. Pretty bleh overall.

The band is old and there is no way this is even remotely close to stuff like Hemispheres, PeW, MP, stuff like that.

It's down in the bottom 5 for me. Somewhere hovering around there. The song writing and melodies are just so typical and not nearly as adventurous as they once were, and of course the vocals are just extremely painful to listen to at times.

It's better than nothing and the fact that they're old men still putting out DECENT albums is really a credit to them, but I cant possibly convince myself this is really the Rush that I love. It's the same guys, but not the same band. Ill take whatever I can get from them as long as they want to keep putting this stuff out and Ill still hand my money over to see them live knowing each time it could be the last, but this album is just not really that good. My opinion. Dont care who doesnt agree. Noone can convince me this album is amazing. If someone else thinks it is, thats fine, I would never argue that with them.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 22 2012, 09:16 PM)
After about 50 listens, I feel the same way about it as I did when I first heard it. Pretty bleh overall.

The band is old and there is no way this is even remotely close to stuff like Hemispheres, PeW, MP, stuff like that.

It's down in the bottom 5 for me. Somewhere hovering around there. The song writing and melodies are just so typical and not nearly as adventurous as they once were, and of course the vocals are just extremely painful to listen to at times.

It's better than nothing and the fact that they're old men still putting out DECENT albums is really a credit to them, but I cant possibly convince myself this is really the Rush that I love. It's the same guys, but not the same band. Ill take whatever I can get from them as long as they want to keep putting this stuff out and Ill still hand my money over to see them live knowing each time it could be the last, but this album is just not really that good. My opinion. Dont care who doesnt agree. Noone can convince me this album is amazing. If someone else thinks it is, thats fine, I would never argue that with them.

listen to it again. i guarantee you'll like wish them well on the 51st listen. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 09:24 PM)

listen to it again. i guarantee you'll like wish them well on the 51st listen. biggrin.gif

Lol. Trust me I dont HATE the album. Im talking relative to the Rush that I loved. Their best albums. For me it's not close to that stuff. Believe me Id rather listen to this than some Nickelback album.

I may never grow to like the album as much as some others but I dont care about that. I thought they were finished after what happened to Neil. These last 3 albums are just a bonus and an excuse for them to keep touring and me keep seeing them before they pack it in so it doesnt bother me at all that I dont love this album.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 22 2012, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 09:24 PM)

Lol. Trust me I dont HATE the album. Im talking relative to the Rush that I loved. Their best albums. For me it's not close to that stuff. Believe me Id rather listen to this than some Nickelback album.

I may never grow to like the album as much as some others but I dont care about that. I thought they were finished after what happened to Neil. These last 3 albums are just a bonus and an excuse for them to keep touring and me keep seeing them before they pack it in so it doesnt bother me at all that I dont love this album.

i don't love the album in it's entirety either but there are some bright spots for me. i just hope they play the ones i like. unsure.gif

I wouldn't have put it so bluntly, but I agree with much of this.

Well, this is pretty much the exact opposite of how I feel about CA, Geds vocals, melodies and the band in general if that answers your questions tongue.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 22 2012, 08:16 PM)

This pretty much sums up they way I feel about it, except I've listened to it less than 10 times for sure....and I'm done with it for a bit. I may listen to it again before the show....I would say it ranks somewhere in their bottom 5 - 7 albums.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 22 2012, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 22 2012, 08:16 PM)

This pretty much sums up they way I feel about it, except I've listened to it less than 10 times for sure....and I'm done with it for a bit. I may listen to it again before the show....I would say it ranks somewhere in their bottom 5 - 7 albums.

It's at #13 for me right now.