Grimm Season 2

Maverick

Well, it was nice knowing this show but it's done now. Friday night was a good timeslot for it, the show found it's audience there and really didn't have much to compete against, but they're not going to stand a chance at pulling in any rating's once Monday Night Football starts. Let's not forget about the CBS monday comedy lineup which has been pulling in huge numbers for a few years now.

Too bad a good interesting show is getting screwed over for no good reason. If was fine on fridays and that's where it should've stayed. Also, it's starting in august? None of the major networks start their shows that early. When you take a good look at it, the show is being set up to fail and that's a damn shame.

QUOTE (Maverick @ Jul 11 2012, 07:42 PM)
^^^ Well aren't you cynical.

dazed025.gif

Not really, I know how this stuff works. You see it happen too often when they switch timeslots with shows and you see the rating's decline because of it. I hope the show succeeds but it will be on mondays at 10 going up against Hawaii Five-O, Castle, Monday Night Football and Pawn Stars. The show has some huge competition on this night and that's why I think staying on friday was the best option.

It just isn't looking good right now for Grimm. I'm not being cynical about this, i'm just being real about it. The competition is strong and I believe the shows ratings will suffer because of that.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 12 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Maverick @ Jul 11 2012, 07:42 PM)
^^^  Well aren't you cynical.

dazed025.gif

Not really, I know how this stuff works. You see it happen too often when they switch timeslots with shows and you see the rating's decline because of it. I hope the show succeeds but it will be on mondays at 10 going up against Hawaii Five-O, Castle, Monday Night Football and Pawn Stars. The show has some huge competition on this night and that's why I think staying on friday was the best option.

It just isn't looking good right now for Grimm. I'm not being cynical about this, i'm just being real about it. The competition is strong and I believe the shows ratings will suffer because of that.

I can understand your concern over the ratings in that competition.

But maybe rather than secretly trying to kill one of their best shows, NBC actually thinks it can compete against other popular shows. Honestly, I don't know anything about Monday night television (aside from MNF) because I am either at work, or asleep.

But it seems to me that if MNF is the ratings killer you think it is, then no one would challenge that time slot. Yet you think CBS is formidable, so clearly they have no problems going head to head with the NFL.

This past spring NBC had no trouble getting rig of shows like Awake (one of the best dramas on TV,) Whitney, and Are You There, Chelsea? If they wanted Grimm gone, they could have just killed it like they did the others. Instead, they promoted it. I also think it is brilliant to start it early. When there are no other new shows on the air, people can watch Grimm, and get hooked.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 03:49 AM)
I might watch this show, once I've waded through a whole lot of other shows. Maybe next May when season 2 is complete and I can just watch the whole thing from start to finish over a few days or a week...

trink36.gif

I really enjoyed season 1.

So I was watching some cast interviews, and the Monday night slot is only for the first 4 episodes of the season. They will show those episodes, and then repeat them on the Fridays of the weeks they air. Then they will switch back to their regular Friday night spot. So there won't be any competition with Monday Night Football, or any of those other shows.

The net effect is, Grimm will be airing for 4 weeks before any other shows start. It will air twice a week. And when the rest of the shows begin to start up, it will settle back into its original time slot.

I don't know if I've ever seen that before.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 14 2012, 12:49 PM)

Last night's episode was good. Can't wait for Part II!

It was really good. I finally have it clear in my head where the police captain fits in with the Grimms and the Wesen, and why Renard does what he does. Part II should be pretty bad ass.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 31 2012, 12:27 PM)
Episode 3 was really satisfying. I'm glad Hank is on board now.

1287.gif

yes.gif

The more Hank we have on the show the better if you ask me!

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Aug 31 2012, 01:07 PM)
Episode 3 was really satisfying.  I'm glad Hank is on board now.

1287.gif

yes.gif

I'm much more of a Juliette and Rosalee kinda guy. wink.gif

But I agree, more Hank can't hurt.

I thought it was really subtly awesome when Hank finally realized and believed Nick. Then when Nick told him the guy was going to come into the barn, Hank asked, "Is he going to do the same thing she did?" He had wrapped his mind around it, and wanted to kick some Wesen ass!

1287.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 31 2012, 01:13 PM)
I'm much more of a Juliette and Rosalee kinda guy.  wink.gif

laugh.gif

I wish they kept Nick's mother around longer, I thought that would have been cool to have her around.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Aug 31 2012, 12:07 PM)
Episode 3 was really satisfying.  I'm glad Hank is on board now.

1287.gif

yes.gif

Monroe is my favorite character. The show is always better when he's on.

I think it's cool Hank can see Wesen now. If a Grimm is close enough with someone do some of their abilities transfer to people close to them? I wonder if they'll find a cure for Julliet losing all her memories with Nick or if they'll use it as a way to break them up that way he never has to try and tell her the truth about everything again?

Things are gonna get real interesting this season 1022.gif

I FOUND A GRIMM THREAD!

Now I know why I found my way back to this site. :LOL:

This is probably my favourite show this fall (on broadcast, at least). While even Fringe has been kind of "meh" in my opinion this last season (but its getting better), Grimm has been consistently interesting. I love Monroe more and more and am really warming up to Hank - and of course Nick is always awesome.

Is it just me, though, or is Monroe getting kind of snubbed in the storylines lately? Sometimes they're do a "B" story with him (no, Grimm, don't go to the A-B format! D: ) but it's just not the same. I get the feeling they're trying to solidify the chemistry between Hank and Nick, now that Hank's ~in the know~ but still.. Let's not forget everyone's favourite Blutbad, eh?

I FOUND A GRIMM THREAD!

Now I know why I found my way back to this site. :LOL:

This is probably my favourite show this fall (on broadcast, at least). While even Fringe has been kind of "meh" in my opinion this last season (but its getting better), Grimm has been consistently interesting. I love Monroe more and more and am really warming up to Hank - and of course Nick is always awesome.

Is it just me, though, or is Monroe getting kind of snubbed in the storylines lately? Sometimes they're do a "B" story with him (no, Grimm, don't go to the A-B format! D: ) but it's just not the same. I get the feeling they're trying to solidify the chemistry between Hank and Nick, now that Hank's ~in the know~ but still.. Let's not forget everyone's favourite Blutbad, eh?

Yeah, Monroe has definitely had a lesser role lately but I don't think that will last, he's way too important to the show. I don't know if you've ever watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer but I think the Nick/Monroe releationship is a lot like the one Buffy and Giles had. Our hero may know what they're doing and how to do it well but they will always need the help and advice of their friend/watcher who has an endless amount of knowledge about the world they deal with. Monroe "knows the enemy" so to speak because he was once one himself, Nick will always need his help.

Yeah, Monroe has definitely had a lesser role lately but I don't think that will last, he's way too important to the show. I don't know if you've ever watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer but I think the Nick/Monroe releationship is a lot like the one Buffy and Giles had. Our hero may know what they're doing and how to do it well but they will always need the help and advice of their friend/watcher who has an endless amount of knowledge about the world they deal with. Monroe "knows the enemy" so to speak because he was once one himself, Nick will always need his help.

Yeah, I reckon he'll start to play a bigger role again. And I know what you're saying there -- I watched more Angel than Buffy but I understand the relationship you're drawing parallels to. I'm just getting a little annoyed with the B-line stories. Maybe if they were more occasional than the norm it wouldn't be so bad but... eh. I dunno.

And no spoilers on last night's episode please! I was working and missed it. D: Hopefully it'll be On Demand by tonight.

Grimm was back on Friday night, and it was an excellent episode. It looks like they are going to resolve the whole Nick/Juliette/Renard situation finally. I wonder if this means Juliette finds out about Nick being a Grimm. Good effing show, man!