Clockwork Angels vs Snakes and Arrows

SUBDIVISIONS

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Jul 20 2012, 09:48 AM)
I had to stop listening to CA for now.  Cause with each listen i found my opinion on it slipping.  Same thing happened to me with lindsey Buckingham's new one.  On my last listen I lost Wish Them Well.  Which brings the number of songs i don't care for to 6.

Mick

I'm done with it for awhile too.....this album is creeping down in to the bottom few Rush albums pretty fast....wacko.gif

Edited by WCFIELDS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 21 2012, 09:01 PM)
Haters of CA - you guys are pathetic.  So loving CA makes us fanbois?  LOL.  I guess then you not liking CA and minimizing it makes you trolls with that twisted logic.  I dont think CA is perfect, I dont love every song on it like crazy, I dont think it's the best thing they've ever done musically, and I do have some issues with the sound. 

Most people on this board love CA, and I think most Rush fans love CA and you guys cant deal with it, so you minmize it by predicting its demise and use other excuses as to why it's not great, that only you guys know the truth and the rest of us are delusional.  Laughable stuff. 

Get out of this forum if CA bothers you this much or if our love for it makes you cringe.  The high praise for CA is here to stay, not just with us, but with most critic reviews as well, which you will of course find a way to minimize and dismiss.  But there's not a damn thing you haters can do to change the love for it by the majority.  Truly sucks to be you.  laugh.gif

fanboi Post of the Year right there....well done... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 3 2012, 05:22 PM)
Snakes & Arrows pros: cleaner, clearer mix, has three great instrumentals, has 3 truly classic songs in Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels and Armor & Sword. It's WAY better than the two albums that preceded it.

Snakes & Arrows cons: some songs that are only decent (Spindrift and The Way The Wind Blows), and a few filler tracks (The Larger Bowl, Faithless, Good News First, Bravest Face, We Hold On).

Clockwork Angels pros: EXTREMELY consistent. Almost every song is great, and there are some true classics, especially Clockwork Angels, The Garden and The Wreckers. Headlong Flight, BU2B & Caravan might also be classics, and are at the minimum superior Rush songs. The album works REALLY well as a whole due to the great concept.

Clockwork Angels cons: Only one song is slightly weaker (Halo Effect), and only one is entirely disposable/filler (BU2B2). The mix/mastering could be a tad cleaner/clearer, but it's a minor complaint.

In the end, CA wins easily if for no other reason than it's 5 filler songs vs. 1 filler song that's only 90 seconds long!

goodpost.gif

Once again, I agree with Goobs.

Just need to get you to listen to more LIVE classic 69 - 72 Grateful Dead and my mission will be complete.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 22 2012, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 3 2012, 05:22 PM)
Snakes & Arrows pros: cleaner, clearer mix, has three great instrumentals, has 3 truly classic songs in Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels and Armor & Sword.  It's WAY better than the two albums that preceded it.

Snakes & Arrows cons: some songs that are only decent (Spindrift and The Way The Wind Blows), and a few filler tracks (The Larger Bowl, Faithless, Good News First, Bravest Face, We Hold On).

Clockwork Angels pros: EXTREMELY consistent.  Almost every song is great, and there are some true classics, especially Clockwork Angels, The Garden and The Wreckers.  Headlong Flight, BU2B & Caravan might also be classics, and are at the minimum superior Rush songs.  The album works REALLY well as a whole due to the great concept.

Clockwork Angels cons: Only one song is slightly weaker (Halo Effect), and only one is entirely disposable/filler (BU2B2).  The mix/mastering could be a tad cleaner/clearer, but it's a minor complaint.

In the end, CA wins easily if for no other reason than it's 5 filler songs vs. 1 filler song that's only 90 seconds long!

goodpost.gif

Once again, I agree with Goobs.

Just need to get you to listen to more LIVE classic 69 - 72 Grateful Dead and my mission will be complete.

Dude, I LOVE that era of live Dead! wub.gif trink39.gif

Snakes and Arrows: 10 Good songs with 3 fillers, Good mix, clean sounding holds 3 instrumentals, One great song (Far Cry), Good songs writing and lyrics but the the album lacks Bite!

3-1/2 Stars out of 5

Clockwork Angels: 11 Good songs with 1 Filler (BU2B2), However if you look at it like I do..an intro to Wish them Well, It's just fine. The album holds 4 Mini epics and several great songs, The mix is a bit on the heavy side (Bottom end) But a minor distraction. However, the concept is strong as are the lyrics and Compositions. The Album has serious Bite which S & A lacks.

4-1/2 Stars out of 5

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif