Clockwork Angels vs Snakes and Arrows

SUBDIVISIONS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haters of CA - you guys are pathetic. So loving CA makes us fanbois? LOL. I guess then you not liking CA and minimizing it makes you trolls with that twisted logic. I dont think CA is perfect, I dont love every song on it like crazy, I dont think it's the best thing they've ever done musically, and I do have some issues with the sound.

Most people on this board love CA, and I think most Rush fans love CA and you guys cant deal with it, so you minmize it by predicting its demise and use other excuses as to why it's not great, that only you guys know the truth and the rest of us are delusional. Laughable stuff.

Get out of this forum if CA bothers you this much or if our love for it makes you cringe. The high praise for CA is here to stay, not just with us, but with most critic reviews as well, which you will of course find a way to minimize and dismiss. But there's not a damn thing you haters can do to change the love for it by the majority. Truly sucks to be you. laugh.gif

Edited by Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 21 2012, 10:01 PM)
Haters of CA - you guys are pathetic. So loving CA makes us fanbois? LOL. I guess then you not liking CA and minimizing it makes you trolls with that twisted logic. I dont think CA is perfect, I dont love every song on it like crazy, I dont think it's the best thing they've ever done musically, and I do have some issues with the sound.

Most people on this board love CA, and I think most Rush fans love CA and you guys cant deal with it, so you minmize it by predicting its demise and use other excuses as to why it's not great, that only you guys know the truth and the rest of us are delusional. Laughable stuff.

Get out of this forum if CA bothers you this much or if our love for it makes you cringe. The high praise for CA is here to stay, not just with us, but with most critic reviews as well, which you will of course find a way to minimize and dismiss. But there's not a damn thing you haters can do to change the love for it by the majority. Truly sucks to be you. laugh.gif

I think it bothers you more that people don't like it and are not afraid to say it. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else.

Don't worry guys, feel free to keep expressing your opinions. smile.gif

Two important issues for me comparing the two albums:

They finally got rid of the Geddy choirs on "CA". I found them a little annoying on "S & A". I also think "S & A" suffers a little from being a little too mid-tempo overall. On "CA" the energy level seems higher and they rock out a little more.

Most important though, is the fact that "CA" has better songs overall than "S & A" imo.

QUOTE (Freeze @ Jul 22 2012, 05:26 AM)

They finally got rid of the Geddy choirs on "CA". I found them a little annoying on "S & A". I also think "S & A" suffers a little from being a little too mid-tempo overall. On "CA" the energy level seems higher and they rock out a little more.

Most important though, is the fact that "CA" has better songs overall than "S & A" imo.

In agreement

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 22 2012, 07:03 AM)
QUOTE (Freeze @ Jul 22 2012, 05:26 AM)

In agreement

Agreed. The songs are a testament to the cohesiveness of the band at this time...and a reflection of

how the producer help elevate them. We got the whole shebang this time around.

2.gif

goodpost.gif

i think i got a handful of good stuff with the rest not so good. not pointing fingers but is it the producers job to make sure everything sounds good after the engineer is done with the mix? the producer knew there was something off when he heard it but is it too late to do anything? Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 22 2012, 07:48 AM)
i think i got a handful of good stuff with the rest not so good. not pointing fingers but is it the producers job to make sure everything sounds good after the engineer is done with the mix? the producer knew there was something off when he heard it but is it too late to do anything?

Ultimately the producer serves the bands wishes,especially with Rush. The band signed off on this job. I've tried to nitpick this album, looking for the weak elements. For me, its awesome.

1022.gif