CA - Lots of traces of VT/TFE?

WCFIELDS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 1 2012, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 1 2012, 08:20 PM)
Listen to 1:36 of 7 Cities, then intro of Good News, exactly the same, even in the same key. sad.gif

So you are saying you could write 168 songs and not have a few seconds of any of them sound like a few seconds of any of the others? That would be quite an accomplishment...and an utterly silly expectation.

So trenken isn't allowed to make observations? Maybe we should all just call you "boss."

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 1 2012, 09:16 PM)
Listen to 1:36 of 7 Cities, then intro of Good News, exactly the same, even in the same key. sad.gif

So you are saying you could write 168 songs and not have a few seconds of any of them sound like a few seconds of any of the others? That would be quite an accomplishment...and an utterly silly expectation.

So trenken isn't allowed to make observations? Maybe we should all just call you "boss."

Fanbois. Nothing to see here.

I get a kick out of guys throwing shit at trenken.....he makes a lot of valid points and has strong opinions. Some of you take it personally?.....grow up already. Edited by WCFIELDS

The "is not allowed" card/whine expired after 100 uses.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 1 2012, 09:30 PM)

The "is not allowed" card expired after 100 uses.

Sure thing boss!

It doesnt matter to me. Go along with the hardcore Rush fans that love every last thing they do and shit on those that dont agree. You're just the priests in the temples of syrinx, the very people Neil is taking a shit on himself. Edited by trenken

Good Lord, every thread around here ends up in the same place these days...bickering about the same subject. "Fanbois" vs. "Haters"

Anyway, back to the Original Post, I hear a lot more Test For Echo than Vapor Trails. Vapor Trails gets caught up in Alex Lifeson layering hell, and they made an effort to do a 180 from that, thank God. I hear a little bit of everything in these songs

Wish them Well=Snakes and Arrows for sure

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 1 2012, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2012, 06:11 PM)
hear a little vt but no t4e.  whatever blows your skirt up. trink38.gif

Which makes me curious how someone that hates VT can totally love CA... confused13.gif

Be ause CA doesn't induce headaches when I listen to it.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jul 1 2012, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 05:51 PM)
I can hear a bit from all their records except the synth era

To me The Anarchist sounds a lot like some of their Synth era tunes if you removed the synths.

I thought the same thing. It would fit nicely on Signals.

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Jul 2 2012, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Jul 1 2012, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jul 1 2012, 05:51 PM)
I can hear a bit from all their records except the synth era

To me The Anarchist sounds a lot like some of their Synth era tunes if you removed the synths.

I thought the same thing. It would fit nicely on Signals.

Exactly what I thought.

yes.gif