Do we have a FORBIDDEN topic?

D3strukt

I listened to Forbidden by Black Sabbath about an hour ago.

It's actually not that bad. It just sounds all grungy and horrible. Rusty Angels is such a melodic stand out.

Even ICE T being on it isn't a disgrace (I'll seriously beat anyone who says it was a cop out. ICE T has a metal band.) you know, with him and Ernie C (the guy who produced the album) having a metal band, called Body Count, Which is actually really good.

I just don't understand the flak this album gets, at all.

For one thing , the cover looks like a 5th grade kid drew it in crayon

It is by far the Worst album to ever have the name Black Sabbath on it

I don't care who Ernie C plays with, the production is crap

I am glad you enjoy it.............. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 09:13 PM)
nah, seventh star is the worst sabbath

Ugh, no way bro, it's not great but there are a few good songs

I remember wanting to puke when i got that album, i love Tony Martins voice

Headless Cross is the shit

I have the first 2 albums on Vinyl old.gif I think Paul did much better work with them than with Slayer

Just wanted to say, "Born Again" was a bad record, and a worse tour. Ian was a bad fit.

Not familiar with "Forbidden" or "Seventh Star"

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 26 2012, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 09:13 PM)
nah, seventh star is the worst sabbath

Ugh, no way bro, it's not great but there are a few good songs

The Seventh Star is good, Glenn Hughes and Tony Iommi what more do you want? It's not Sabbath but it's good...

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 26 2012, 10:04 PM)
Just wanted to say, "Born Again" was a bad record, and a worse tour. Ian was a bad fit.
Not familiar with "Forbidden" or "Seventh Star"

Ian made Sabbath like Black Purple, or Deep Sabbath, it was kind of weird. I got the album at the time and I didn't like it, it just wasn't Sabbath, Ozzy Sabbath or Dio Sabbath or any Sabbath. It's grown on me over the years though, I think it's a decent album now.

QUOTE (Super Phil @ Jun 26 2012, 10:46 PM)
I really like the thrash band Forbidden. I think I have 4 of their CD's: Forbidden Evil, Twisted Into Form, Distortion (I think that's what it's called), and Live at Dynamo. Cool stuff! biggrin.gif

I need to pick up some Forbidden albums, I don't own any, not even that recent 2010 release which looks pretty good.

I thought this was about the band Forbidden at first. They're great, that Sabbath album is terrible. Shaking Off the Chains gets my vote for worst Sabbath song ever.

Back to Forbidden...Forbidden Evil is a classic thrash album. 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2012, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (Super Phil @ Jun 26 2012, 10:46 PM)
I really like the thrash band Forbidden. I think I have 4 of their CD's: Forbidden Evil, Twisted Into Form, Distortion (I think that's what it's called), and Live at Dynamo. Cool stuff!  biggrin.gif

I need to pick up some Forbidden albums, I don't own any, not even that recent 2010 release which looks pretty good.

Forbidden Evil and Twisted Into Form kick ass

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 26 2012, 02:07 PM)
I listened to Forbidden by Black Sabbath about an hour ago.

It's actually not that bad. It just sounds all grungy and horrible. Rusty Angels is such a melodic stand out.

Even ICE T being on it isn't a disgrace (I'll seriously beat anyone who says it was a cop out. ICE T has a metal band.) you know, with him and Ernie C (the guy who produced the album) having a metal band, called Body Count, Which is actually really good.

I just don't understand the flak this album gets, at all.

I'm not a fan of the Martin era in general. Forbidden is my least favorite of those albums.

Glenn Hughes voice doesn't really do anything for me either. At a minimum, Seventh Star should not have been released with the Black Sabbath name. It wasn't intended to be a Sabbath album by Iommi.