The Garden In Concert...

vital signz

Edited by MMCXII

Geddy could do the little acoustic part if he has a doubleneck.. it would be easier than trying to sing and play piano at the same time.. (not that he couldn't do it of course!) this is what I would prefer.

I think Alex would WANT to play it too!

he may not a big keyboard fan: "they're not even a real instrument!"

..but that doesn't apply to a piano!

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 14 2012, 03:42 PM)
It would be great to hear...they could trigger the piano. They have done it before.

This is probably the most sensible thing to do. Unless, which is very possible that one of the violinist can play piano as well. This is very possible most classical musicians can play several instruments and the part in question isn't really that difficult. I would say Geddy would play it, but he's singing over it. Who ever plays it, I'm pretty sure it will make the set list. It's one of the best songs on the album. I don't think they'll pass this musical buffet by!

no.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 14 2012, 04:12 PM)
It would be great to hear...they could trigger the piano. They have done it before.

This is probably the most sensible thing to do. Unless, which is very possible that one of the violinist can play piano as well. This is very possible most classical musicians can play several instruments and the part in question isn't really that difficult. I would say Geddy would play it, but he's singing over it. Who ever plays it, I'm pretty sure it will make the set list. It's one of the best songs on the album. I don't think they'll pass this musical buffet by!

no.gif

Hey! It's an all you can eat buffet! trink39.gif

no.gif

I hadn't thought of that. One of the string section members could totally cover that part.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 14 2012, 07:33 PM)

no.gif

I hadn't thought of that. One of the string section members could totally cover that part.

See that why you guys need me here. I can always point out intricacies hidden within the big picture!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 01:32 AM)
You're assuming they're even going to play it...

They probably will. It will either be the garden of Halo Effect that gets played right after Neil's solo (read as: during his break).

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 15 2012, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 26 2012, 01:32 AM)
You're assuming they're even going to play it...

They probably will. It will either be the garden of Halo Effect that gets played right after Neil's solo (read as: during his break).

You know that's a great idea. Have Neil rest during Alex's Solo and the first 1/2 of The Garden andhave him come in during his fill after the Piano part at 4:23 right before Alex's solo. That would be sweet!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif