In Case You Missed It - Clockwork Angels Geekfest!

rushgoober

ucsteve667, rushgoober & Chris Lindsay discuss CA - Part 1

ucsteve667, rushgoober & Chris Lindsay discuss CA - Part 2

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

For those who missed this, ucsteve667 (aka Steve) has a podcast called My Show, and a few days ago, he and I (Goober aka Gary), along with Chris Lindsay (aka Chris) discussed Clockwork Angels at length.

This is a really cool recording, interspersed with tracks from the album, and a lot of interesting talk/debate about the new album from varying points of view!

Click on the links, and then hit the play button to start it playing. The first part of the talk says Part 2, and the second part says Part 3, so don't let that throw you.

Check it out, and let us know what you think! biggrin.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Edited by rushgoober

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 01:52 PM)
ucsteve667, rushgoober & Chris Lindsay discuss CA - Part 1

ucsteve667, rushgoober & Chris Lindsay discuss CA - Part 2

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

For those who missed this, ucsteve667 (aka Steve) has a podcast called My Show, and a few days ago, he and I (Goober aka Gary), along with Chris Lindsay (aka Chris) discussed Clockwork Angels at length.

This is a really cool recording, interspersed with tracks from the album, and a lot of interesting talk/debate about the new album from varying points of view!

Click on the links, and then hit the play button to start it playing. The first part of the talk says Part 2, and the second part says Part 3, so don't let that throw you.

Check it out, and let us know what you think! biggrin.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

Was any cerebrospinal fluid consumed?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:20 PM)
all i get is loading sad.gif

ah there is goes. sounds like you guys used alot of compression  laugh.gif

That's because Nick Raskulinecz mixed the conversation instead of Rich Chycki. tongue.gif

laugh.gif at least I know I made my point.

Thanks everyone, it was a lot of fun to do. there will def be more RUSHCASTS coming. Its so easy to talk about this band for over an hr. Hell, ive been doin it since I was 12. But its even harder to stop talking about this band. I cut out some, and could have talked for another hour no prob...Thanks again Goobs, Chris, and everyone fer listening

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 04:41 PM)
Thanks everyone, it was a lot of fun to do. there will def be more RUSHCASTS coming. Its so easy to talk about this band for over an hr. Hell, ive been doin it since I was 12. But its even harder to stop talking about this band. I cut out some, and could have talked for another hour no prob...Thanks again Goobs, Chris, and everyone fer listening

I never have anyone to talk about Rush for hours with because everyone gets sick of me talking about them after just 5 minutes...Then, they go onto saying Coldplay is better or something stupid like that.

angry.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 20 2012, 04:46 PM)

I never have anyone to talk about Rush for hours with because everyone gets sick of me talking about them after just 5 minutes...Then, they go onto saying Coldplay is better or something stupid like that.

angry.gif

I used to get the same thing a long time ago when Born In The USA came out...

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:04 PM)

angry.gif

What?? That's crazy. Springsteen is actually a very talked about musician now..People and their music tastes. Shame shame.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 20 2012, 05:13 PM)

angry.gif

What?? That's crazy. Springsteen is actually a very talked about musician now..People and their music tastes. Shame shame.

I meant that as, when I talked about RUSH, all anyone wanted to talk about seniour year was that atrocious record from Bruce. Or Bon Jovi for that matter, I grew up in Jersey so they were both heroes

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:17 PM)

angry.gif

I meant that as, when I talked about RUSH, all anyone wanted to talk about seniour year was that atrocious record from Bruce. Or Bon Jovi for that matter, I grew up in Jersey so they were both heroes

Gotcyha. Yeah, not really huge into Bon Jovi.

I always have those problems with Genesis and Rush, though. Can never talk about it with anyone. Even someone said the drummer for Coldplay is better than Chester Thompson and Peart...

wtf.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 20 2012, 05:19 PM)

angry.gif

I always have those problems with Genesis and Rush, though. Can never talk about it with anyone. Even someone said the drummer for Coldplay is better than Chester Thompson and Peart...

wtf.gif

wow are they wrong, unless the Coldplay guy is really hanging back for airplay or something

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 20 2012, 05:19 PM)

angry.gif

wtf.gif

wow are they wrong, unless the Coldplay guy is really hanging back for airplay or something

He's very wrong. And he's just a typical drummer for an okay band. Nothing technical, nothing complicated, boring fills, etc. No one even knows his name. All Coldplay is known for is Chris Martin.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 03:17 PM)

angry.gif

When I was in High School, mostly I just got laughed at for being a Rush fan... eh.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 08:17 PM)

angry.gif

When I was in High School, mostly I just got laughed at for being a Rush fan... eh.gif b_sigh.gif

Me too, until the SLAYER Years...

Then we started kickin some asses!

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 20 2012, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 20 2012, 08:17 PM)

angry.gif

Me too, until the SLAYER Years...

Then we started kickin some asses!

SAME HERE! I just graduated two Mays ago and before that...Oh my goodness. Always made fun of me. So glad I'm done with that school bs.

Saying Solja Boy and Keith Urban have more talent than Rush. So much ignorance in one place.

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 20 2012, 02:13 PM)
ucsteve667 has nailed exactly what I've been saying here about the mix/mastering.

Great interview guys! More of this please!
Hey, invite me would ya!

Once again great job, a very entertaining and satisfying 2 part interview.
Congrats!

1022.gif

+1