Today's rock wouldn't exist if the Beatles Hadn't

Mr. Not

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 22 2012, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 22 2012, 03:18 AM)
QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 22 2012, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 20 2012, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 20 2012, 04:05 PM)
well, the dude's obviously a dumbass for making this thread to begin with, so name-calling would be expected

Critical thinking isn't stupid.

Some offered some logical considerations and information while you were just... Well, incessant really.

My point was made clear and this thread proves that many will regard The Beatles as gods above all other musicians still today when many others are very capable and creative as well. I recognize The Beatles influence and importance, but hold belief no band should be forced upon another like I've seen The Beatles pushed on others. There's the reader's digest.

I don't expect you to get it quite yet, so no worries there. You will in time... bekloppt.gif

Your just an attention-grabbing moron...

Run along, know it all punk, your mama's callin' ya.

Your just a musically-ignorant fool....

You obviously can't connect the dots,

on how important The Beatles were to Rock & Roll.

get lost numb-nut troll...quickly and quietly.

You're a f***ing idiot.

trink36.gif trink39.gif

Indeed laugh.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the dude's obviously a dumbass for making this thread to begin with, so name-calling would be expected

Some offered some logical considerations and information while you were just... Well, incessant really.

My point was made clear and this thread proves that many will regard The Beatles as gods above all other musicians still today when many others are very capable and creative as well. I recognize The Beatles influence and importance, but hold belief no band should be forced upon another like I've seen The Beatles pushed on others. There's the reader's digest.

I don't expect you to get it quite yet, so no worries there. You will in time... bekloppt.gif

You're a f***ing idiot.

I happen to think Chuck Berry, and Robert Johnson were much more important to Rock Music, and music in general, than the Beatles.

Does this make me a "blah blah blah I cant use propaper grammar/punctuation"? I think not. Shove off Sailor Moon.

"My point was made clear and this thread proves that many will regard The Beatles as gods above all other musicians still today when many others are very capable and creative as well. I recognize The Beatles influence and importance, but hold belief no band should be forced upon another like I've seen The Beatles pushed on others."

Kind of like right here, being called a musically ignorant, an attention grabbing moron, know it all punk, troll, etc... For what? Questioning whether or not The Beatles really made such an impact on musical history, or if maybe it's exaggerated a bit. Something to consider, no attacks were intended.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 22 2012, 01:25 AM)

You're a f***ing idiot.

I happen to think Chuck Berry, and Robert Johnson were much more important to Rock Music, and music in general, than the Beatles.

Does this make me a "blah blah blah I cant use propaper grammar/punctuation"? I think not. Shove off Sailor Moon.

According to go2wrk@95974, of course you are!

Robert Johnson was an extremely important musician, you're right. Nowhere near as much media attention as The Beatles - but I did learn about him in a class I took. As fledgehog said, The Beatles were revolutionary and inspired a generation: "Each album [hold the first four], had a significant impact on music and musical culture when it came out. " But in consequence of being such overwhelming successes, it has brought about people like go2wrk who take it personally if you have nothing but the highest regard for The Beatles. Ridiculous.

Maybe it truly is time for this thread to be locked. You just couldn't leave my closing statement be, go2wrk@95974 laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 22 2012, 03:38 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 22 2012, 01:25 AM)

You're a f***ing idiot.

According to go2wrk@95974, of course you are!

Robert Johnson was an extremely important musician, you're right. Nowhere near as much media attention as The Beatles - but I did learn about him in a class I took. As fledgehog said, The Beatles were revolutionary and inspired a generation: "Each album [hold the first four], had a significant impact on music and musical culture when it came out. " But in consequence of being such overwhelming successes, it has brought about people like go2wrk who take it personally if you have nothing but the highest regard for The Beatles. Ridiculous.

Maybe it truly is time for this thread to be locked. You just couldn't leave my closing statement be, go2wrk@95974 laugh.gif

I often ask people if they knew who wrote "Crossroads" and I ALWAYS get "Cream/Clapton". Then I show them Johnsons version and they almost shit bricks.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 20 2012, 06:24 PM)

yo momma!

Well I hoped this thread would be put to rest, but it lives on and has become unconstructive.

This is an public forum of course, but if everyone can't respect the "opinions" of others without bashing them, then it becomes counter productive with no resolution.

People are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them freely, without being slammed. They are f*cking opinions, not facts. Opinions can be proven wrong with Facts, not name calling. If this bothers everyone so much, then spend your time doing research to prove them wrong. That's being Constructive.

Thread CLOSED!