Today's rock wouldn't exist if the Beatles Hadn't

Mr. Not

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jun 19 2012, 07:39 PM)
Remember that Simpsons episode where Marge yells at Lisa about how great Jebediah was even though Lisa believes Jebediah was a fraud? I'm Marge and you're Lisa on The Beatles.

I haven't seen that one. Maybe I should watch more often biggrin.gif

Obviously, musical ignorance is contagious on this thread,with a couple people , when it comes to The Beatles, the greatest EVER, as the subject matter...You simply just don't know how it was.Ask any Rock Historian,

and they'll tell you The Beatles were huge..a true phenomenon.

Every Rock band, from 64 on, owes tremendous credit to The Beatles

for their huge impact on the music scene...Without them, we would be on a different musical time=line completely.Who knows..rock might not've

even happened/existed in it's present form.That's how influential

The beatles were to popular music, imho.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:12 PM)
Obviously, musical ignorance is contagious on this thread,with a couple people , when it comes to The Beatles, the greatest EVER, as the subject matter...You simply just don't know how it was.Ask any Rock Historian,

for their huge impact on the music scene...Without them, we would be on a different musical time=line completely.Who knows..rock might not've

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 19 2012, 08:12 PM)

See, are you serious? Are you aware of how ridiculous that is?

You don't think us humans would be capable of making rock music if it weren't for The Beatles? That's essentially what you're saying you cocky asshole.

Just because the masses believe it doesn't make it true - hell, look at religion.

And aren't "Rock Historians" the geniuses working at RRHOF who claim Progressive Rock is racist?

How credible.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 10:20 PM)

You don't think us humans would be capable of making rock music if it weren't for The Beatles? That's essentially what you're saying you cocky asshole.

Just because the masses believe it doesn't make it true - hell, look at religion.

And aren't "Rock Historians" the geniuses working at RRHOF who claim Progressive Rock is racist?

How credible.

Can you stop being a dickhead?

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 10:20 PM)

How credible.

That's not what he's saying, please learn to read. He's just stating fact: The Beatles changed music history. Sorry if that's hard for you to grasp.

And the RRHOF never called progressive rock "racist." I'm guessing Jann Wenner probably just ran into someone like you one day and decided "Wow, if this guy is such a dick to people who disagree with him, I'm NEVER putting a prog rock band in the hall of fame!"

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 11:20 PM)

He said rock music IN ITS PRESENT FORM. I don't see how you can argue that rock music wouldn't be much different if it wasn't for the Beatles. confused13.gif

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 10:37 PM)

He said rock music IN ITS PRESENT FORM. I don't see how you can argue that rock music wouldn't be much different if it wasn't for the Beatles. confused13.gif

Don't expect to reason with someone who has demonstrated a clear lack of reading comprehension.

After all, this is all coming from someone who said that the person in my avatar is "emo." Varg's a murderer, get it right.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 10:37 PM)

Don't expect to reason with someone who has demonstrated a clear lack of reading comprehension.

After all, this is all coming from someone who said that the person in my avatar is "emo." Varg's a murderer, get it right.

Oh just be quiet you useless poise.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 08:37 PM)

Again, people are capable of writing music themselves...

Grow up Beatle hater.....cause it's obvious that's what you are.

Give the band it's JUST DUE.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 11:45 PM)

Of course, but every songwriter is influenced by other bands and musicians.

Say, for example, King Crimson didn't release In The Court of the Crimson King. That album is regarded as one of the first "true" prog rock albums and it inspired many other bands. Of course other musicians would have made similar music but do you really think that prog rock would be the same/very similar if it wasn't released?

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 10:45 PM)

That's not what he's saying! It's one thing to be ignorant about music, but to be unable to read?

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 19 2012, 08:51 PM)
Grow up Beatle hater.....cause it's obvious that's what you are.
Give the band it's JUST DUE.

Again, their music is fine, and I recognize their influence. I'm not a hater of The Beatles themselves as much as people like you and Emo Black Metal Man who think they're responsible for so much more than is actually true.

The Beatles have gotten more than a just due, it's time to start recognizing other musicians for what they have made themselves. You're giving The Beatles credit for every band formed after 1964? That's crazy.