Live equipment failures....

CrimsonE

Rush is a band that is notorious for their perfection, especially live, so when there is a flub, it's often quite noticeable. However, I've seen them several times in Milwaukee and heard a few bootlegs, and I've seen at least three flubs:

T4E: On the summer tour, the guitar goes out early in the set, (in the middle of Stick It Out) and Geddy has to fill in for a few minutes while they fix it.

Time Machine: The guitar has hiccups again in the intro to La Villa Straingato, and it's not until the main riff kicks in that it is working

And I remember there is one time when the guitar went out during YYZ, but I can't say for certain which tour it was. I think it was the Presto tour when they played Alpine Valley, WI.

I also saw them in Atlanta for the First night of the S & A tour, and the guitar took a few beats to work properly for Between the Wheels.

So, do you remember any flubs or equipment failures when you saw Rush live?

Also, why does it always seem to be the guitar that goes out? Why don't we ever see the keyboards get disconnected smile.gif

Edited by CrimsonE

QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Jun 16 2012, 01:41 PM)
And I remember there is one time when the guitar went out during YYZ, but I can't say for certain which tour it was. I think it was the Presto tour when they played Alpine Valley, WI.

Yep, I was there for that one. It was the first time I had ever seen them have a tech glitch......I was both amazed and shocked!!

I expect many have seen it already, but for those who haven't, Alex's guitar goes funny, then off completely from 3:10 here. Bravely, Geddy and Neil finish the song, albeit missing a large part of the sound!

La Villa followed this song, and Geddy and Neil start without Alex, making up a song on the spot, affectionately titled "Still No Guitar":

When you run any instrument through 50 effect loops/paths before it gets to the amp, the odds are stacked against you. Alex is obsessed with effects. His rig is out of control, and it's amazing the signal ever even makes it to the amp. He has the "more gear is better" syndrome.

QUOTE (CrimsonE @ Jun 16 2012, 01:41 PM)
Rush is a band that is notorious for their perfection, especially live, so when there is a flub, it's often quite noticeable. However, I've seen them several times in Milwaukee and heard a few bootlegs, and I've seen at least three flubs:

T4E: On the summer tour, the guitar goes out early in the set, (in the middle of Stick It Out) and Geddy has to fill in for a few minutes while they fix it.

Time Machine: The guitar has hiccups again in the intro to La Villa Straingato, and it's not until the main riff kicks in that it is working

I also saw them in Atlanta for the First night of the S & A tour, and the guitar took a few beats to work properly for Between the Wheels.

So, do you remember any flubs or equipment failures when you saw Rush live?

Also, why does it always seem to be the guitar that goes out? Why don't we ever see the keyboards get disconnected smile.gif

Are you sure the YYZ was at Alpine? I believe it was was at the Bradley Center during the CP tour. Maybe it was both, but I know it happened at the Bradley Center.

Also, I saw those other 2 shows you referred to in MKE.

I'm pretty certain the YYZ flub was in Milwaukee, but I could be wrong about the tour. The flub was right in the middle of the song (with the alternate drum/bass jam), but was corrected in time for the keys.

BTW, the flub on the summer gig of Test For Echo was the funniest because it leads Geddy and Neil to jam briefly with a country song before introducing Driven.