CA reviews

Gedneil Alpeart

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 04:22 PM)
Wow, not a bad review! They must all be insane or delusional.

sarcasm.gif

Well to be fair, the OP only selected the 5-star reviews.....of which there were many, and in fact, could be compiled into a novel. laugh.gif

OTOH.....here is a 1-star review that 7 out of 232 people found helpful.

I just found it hilariously funny. rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

Rush's new album Clockwork Angels isn't heaven sent, it's a foul piece of baboon rectum from the fiery pits of hell. I don't know where to begin, but I'll first critique the performances of the three monkeys on this drivel. First up is Neil Peart. The old fart needs to give up playing the drums and spend his remaining days riding his motorcycle and write a coffee table book chronicling his travels across the wasteland know as Canada. His timing is slightly off on the track Caravan, which could be due to old age. He simply doesn't haven't anymore, and if you listen closely, you'll notice how sloppy his drumming has become. I sometimes wonder if his afro-centric hat distracts his playing. Whether in the studio, or on stage, I can't help but wonder if he thinks about that colorful contraption that sits atop of his dome. Either way, Neil Peart has lost a step, and people need to accept it. It just happens when you become a geezer.

Next up is Geddy Lee. Usually your voice will deepen when you grow older, but not Mr. Lee. No way. Geddy sounds like his bits got caught in his zipper which has resulted in his voice going up an octave. For a man approaching 60, he sure does sound like Justin Beiber singing Baby Baby. Just listen to the track Headlong Flight and you'll notice how awful Mr. Lee's vocals have become. The man who sang on classic tracks such as Tom Sawyer and Limelight is a shell of his former self, and his bass playing has started to suffer as well. Here's some advice for Geddy: playing the bass might be easier if you remove two of the strings. Another complaint that I have is the lack of keyboards on this album. Mr. Lee is the Elton John of the progressive rock scene, and he really needs to treat the world to his fantastic keyboard skills.

The third member is Alex Lifeson. I don't know where to begin. First, his guitar playing isn't clean at all. BU2B2 is chock full of sloppy guitar playing that it makes Kurt Cobain sound like a virtuoso. As of right now, because of Lifeson's regrettable performance on this album, I have more respect for Cobain as a guitarist. At least Cobain didn't try to portray himself as a guitar god who thinks he's a stand up comedian. At this point in his life, and after hearing some of the disastrous string picking, maybe Alex needs to find a new day job and hit the nightclub circuit and make people laugh because he's so hilarious. Really, if you watch his interviews he'll make you tinkle a little bit in your pants.

One word can sum up the songwriting on this album: Pretentious. It's as if they are screaming for attention..."Hey look at us we're progressive. We're feeling the 70s vibe again but were going to make it modern. Woo-hoo! Checkout the complex arrangements of our songs! We're so cool because we try to write complex stuff." Hey, at least the production is better than Vapor Trails.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 13 2012, 03:36 PM)

sarcasm.gif

Well to be fair, the OP only selected the 5-star reviews.....of which there were many, and in fact, could be compiled into a novel. laugh.gif

I just found it hilariously funny. rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

Rush's new album Clockwork Angels isn't heaven sent, it's a foul piece of baboon rectum from the fiery pits of hell. I don't know where to begin, but I'll first critique the performances of the three monkeys on this drivel. First up is Neil Peart. The old fart needs to give up playing the drums and spend his remaining days riding his motorcycle and write a coffee table book chronicling his travels across the wasteland know as Canada. His timing is slightly off on the track Caravan, which could be due to old age. He simply doesn't haven't anymore, and if you listen closely, you'll notice how sloppy his drumming has become. I sometimes wonder if his afro-centric hat distracts his playing. Whether in the studio, or on stage, I can't help but wonder if he thinks about that colorful contraption that sits atop of his dome. Either way, Neil Peart has lost a step, and people need to accept it. It just happens when you become a geezer.

Next up is Geddy Lee. Usually your voice will deepen when you grow older, but not Mr. Lee. No way. Geddy sounds like his bits got caught in his zipper which has resulted in his voice going up an octave. For a man approaching 60, he sure does sound like Justin Beiber singing Baby Baby. Just listen to the track Headlong Flight and you'll notice how awful Mr. Lee's vocals have become. The man who sang on classic tracks such as Tom Sawyer and Limelight is a shell of his former self, and his bass playing has started to suffer as well. Here's some advice for Geddy: playing the bass might be easier if you remove two of the strings. Another complaint that I have is the lack of keyboards on this album. Mr. Lee is the Elton John of the progressive rock scene, and he really needs to treat the world to his fantastic keyboard skills.

The third member is Alex Lifeson. I don't know where to begin. First, his guitar playing isn't clean at all. BU2B2 is chock full of sloppy guitar playing that it makes Kurt Cobain sound like a virtuoso. As of right now, because of Lifeson's regrettable performance on this album, I have more respect for Cobain as a guitarist. At least Cobain didn't try to portray himself as a guitar god who thinks he's a stand up comedian. At this point in his life, and after hearing some of the disastrous string picking, maybe Alex needs to find a new day job and hit the nightclub circuit and make people laugh because he's so hilarious. Really, if you watch his interviews he'll make you tinkle a little bit in your pants.

One word can sum up the songwriting on this album: Pretentious. It's as if they are screaming for attention..."Hey look at us we're progressive. We're feeling the 70s vibe again but were going to make it modern. Woo-hoo! Checkout the complex arrangements of our songs! We're so cool because we try to write complex stuff." Hey, at least the production is better than Vapor Trails.

The Elton John of the progressive rock scene?

wacko.gif

Man, that guy put some serious effort into his hatred!

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 03:46 PM)

sarcasm.gif

wacko.gif

This is a great line:

For a man approaching 60, he sure does sound like Justin Beiber singing Baby Baby.

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif z7shysterical.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2012, 03:51 PM)

sarcasm.gif

wacko.gif

This is a great line:

For a man approaching 60, he sure does sound like Justin Beiber singing Baby Baby.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 03:53 PM)

sarcasm.gif

wacko.gif

This is a great line:

rofl3.gif

Its a foul piece of baboon rectum from the fiery pits of hell?? fing.gif

QUOTE (RUSHandOSU @ Jun 13 2012, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 13 2012, 03:53 PM)

sarcasm.gif

wacko.gif

This is a great line:

rofl3.gif

Its a foul piece of baboon rectum from the fiery pits of hell?? fing.gif

My favorite part is how he blasts everything Geddy does (bass, singing), and then complains because Geddy didn't play enough keys on the album because that's what Geddy does best!

sarcasm.gif

Geminirising, AKA, TRF troll, must have written this.

laugh.gif