I'VE GOT IT!! I've got my filthy paws on it

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 03:03 PM)
Yeah this one is GOOD!

ohmy.gif

7 minutes of pure unadulterated magic. I only have one complaint about the entire song and I don't want to say what it is.

It's not quite the DEATH METAL that you often need to rip your face off like the Miami Cannibal has you by the goulashes?

biggrin.gif

No, it has more to do with one of the most annoying catchphrases our generation will ever know, I've been battling it for ~8 months now, at work, with family, recently I learned some people, even my boss are using it in acronym form.... now it shows up on my favorite Rush track since I became a fan...

I'd pay cold hard cash to have it stricken from the record.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 03:07 PM)
fists crying.gif

It's over!

sad.gif  smile.gif

1022.gif

trink38.gif

So...what's the verdict after one listen?

Did it hit you as hard as a Saints' player following through on a bounty?! wink.gif

It's good and there's no clunkers, no fillers, no stinkers, even the so called weaker tracks like Wish Them Well are very good songs!

It hit extremely hard, but luckily I keep getting up and casually giving the ball to the official like nothing happened... cool.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:13 PM)
Yeah this one is GOOD!

ohmy.gif

7 minutes of pure unadulterated magic. I only have one complaint about the entire song and I don't want to say what it is.

It's not quite the DEATH METAL that you often need to rip your face off like the Miami Cannibal has you by the goulashes?

biggrin.gif

No, it has more to do with one of the most annoying catchphrases our generation will ever know, I've been battling it for ~8 months now, at work, with family, recently I learned some people, even my boss are using it in acronym form.... now it shows up on my favorite Rush track since I became a fan...

What is it?

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:13 PM)
Yeah this one is GOOD!

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

What is it?

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

It is what it is

I'll be buying this one, as soon as the cash-flow picks up some speed....

kinda on the poor side at the moment.

In the meantime, I'll say F-U to the fed-sponcered depression......

Kiss my A - S

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
It is what it is

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!

YEP.

My heart absolutely sank when I heard that lyric, and cringed the second time too. I know it sounds stupid but it bothers me that much and as I said otherwise I think this track is nothing short of BRILLIANT.

*sigh*

My strategy? Beer kills braincells. Hopefully that will help somehow. Somehow...

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:34 PM)
I'll be buying this one, as soon as the cash-flow picks up some speed....
kinda on the poor side at the moment.

In the meantime, I'll say F-U to the fed-sponcered depression......
Kiss my A - S

sad.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 11 2012, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
It is what it is

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!

YEP.

My heart absolutely sank when I heard that lyric, and cringed the second time too. I know it sounds stupid but it bothers me that much and as I said otherwise I think this track is nothing short of BRILLIANT.

*sigh*

My strategy? Beer kills braincells. Hopefully that will help somehow. Somehow...

Ahh I was thinking it might be "in the fullness of time" luckily nothing in any of the lyrics bothers me I don't think...but then again I'm not a lyric king like say Mr Gary Rushgoober. I'm kind of like a rock in the river bed when it comes to lyrics, I just let them flow over me...

I like the booklet...

Much better than the album cover, I still don't get why they chose that image, or why Syme created it...

Having said that it looks better in the flesh, so to speak...

cat.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 04:13 PM)
I like the booklet...

Much better than the album cover, I still don't get why they chose that image, or why Syme created it...

cat.gif

Honestly, if there is one gripe about CA, which isn't really one...is that I expected more from the album art.

I think S&A definitely still has the better artwork overall...and when I say that, I mean the pictures for each song and such within the booklet.

There are some great photos in the CA one...just not enough of them IMO.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 11 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 04:44 AM)
At last!

cheer.gif  653.gif  common001.gif  653.gif  cheer.gif  common001.gif  th1245.gif  bncegrn.gif  boarder.gif  applaudit.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  goodpost.gif

Congrats Duck...enjoy it!!!

Looking forward to Duck-like reviews and polls!

~Cheers, RGLT trink39.gif

trink39.gif

1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

th1245.gif signs015.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 11 2012, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 04:13 PM)
I like the booklet...

cat.gif

Honestly, if there is one gripe about CA, which isn't really one...is that I expected more from the album art.

I think S&A definitely still has the better artwork overall...and when I say that, I mean the pictures for each song and such within the booklet.

There are some great photos in the CA one...just not enough of them IMO.

It's like Hugh drafted up those few images and said you'll have to make do with these lads I'm off skiing now for six months in the Himalayas...

boarder.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 11 2012, 03:42 PM)
About to spin our copy for the very first time!!!!!

I know it's amazing, but you didn't faint or something did you? How are you enjoying it. My first listen was a very much mixed response but it grew on me like *insert parasite joke here*

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 11 2012, 04:32 PM)
I'm looking at the Andrew McNaugtan dedication, he was almost the same age as my sister (both 47) and he died the day before she did.

RIP both!

sad.gif

I didn't know you lost your sister, my condolences. Yeah reading the dedication to Andrew in the liner was sad. I think I put it down and forgot to skim through any of the rest yet. No kidding!