VIP Tix Process

Help! I'm looking for the procedure on how the VIP thing really works (if any?). I know you pick up the tix day of show at the venue in question. I'm guessing that they email you more information closer to the show date, right? Is there a structured get together of VIP tixholders? Yes, as you might have guessed by now, I'm new at this whole thing so please forgive me if I sound stupid! confused13.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif

I honestly forget how it works. If I'm not mistaken different venues have different ways of doing it right?

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jun 6 2012, 02:41 AM)
Help! I'm looking for the procedure on how the VIP thing really works (if any?). I know you pick up the tix day of show at the venue in question. I'm guessing that they email you more information closer to the show date, right? Is there a structured get together of VIP tixholders? Yes, as you might have guessed by now, I'm new at this whole thing so please forgive me if I sound stupid! confused13.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif

The tickets are held at the venue's box office "Will Call" window.

You simply pick up your tickets with your driver's liscense and credit card that you paid for the tickets with.

You should receive an e-mail with the details a few days prior to the show.

It is a pretty smooth process.

Bring soup . If you don't bring soup they will give your tickets away to the homeless guy sleeping out front

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 7 2012, 11:58 AM)
Bring soup . If you don't bring soup they will give your tickets away to the homeless guy sleeping out front

Hey!

I said I wasn't homeless...just tired and a bit hungry, and, ok, in need of a bath.

Sheesh!

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

You go to the box office on the day of with your receipt and some ID and they give you your tickets and hopefully you'll see some good seat numbers.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 7 2012, 08:03 PM)
You go to the box office on the day of with your receipt and some ID and they give you your tickets and hopefully you'll see some good seat numbers.

I sure hope so considering the $$$ involved! I wish they would give you a general idea of where your seat is just for reference! Counting the days to the first show in Indy....this die-hard fan can't wait!

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 7 2012, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 7 2012, 11:58 AM)

Hey!

I said I wasn't homeless...just tired and a bit hungry, and, ok, in need of a bath.

Sheesh!

Soup, huh? Like the soup reference in the "Boys in Rio" DVD documentary?

cool10.gif

I'll bring crackers instead...HA! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jun 8 2012, 12:54 AM)

I sure hope so considering the $$$ involved! I wish they would give you a general idea of where your seat is just for reference! Counting the days to the first show in Indy....this die-hard fan can't wait!

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yeah, what a concept- wanting to know your seat when you drop 300 big ones on a VIP package. . . angry.gif

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jun 7 2012, 11:54 PM)

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I'd hate to break it to you but people have gotten first 7 rows from the musictoday presale (myself included). Assume that some seats are reserved for people with connections. I hope you get great seats.

I can only speak of a recent experience with VIP, the new method of finding out what seats you get at the show. Last weekend I saw Roger Waters, bought VIP's in February. THey stated that I would be in rows 10-15, which I thought would be great in order to see THE WALL. Anyway, I go to pick up the tickets and find out they are 5th row center. So hopefully you can get the same luck with the Rush VIP's)

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 8 2012, 10:58 PM)
I can only speak of a recent experience with VIP, the new method of finding out what seats you get at the show. Last weekend I saw Roger Waters, bought VIP's in February. THey stated that I would be in rows 10-15, which I thought would be great in order to see THE WALL. Anyway, I go to pick up the tickets and find out they are 5th row center. So hopefully you can get the same luck with the Rush VIP's)

Did you buy your tickets right when they went on sale or was it a few minutes/hours after?

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Jun 8 2012, 11:00 PM)

Did you buy your tickets right when they went on sale or was it a few minutes/hours after?

The original tickets for this Roger Waters concert went on sale in November, and I bought in February.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 8 2012, 11:02 PM)

The original tickets for this Roger Waters concert went on sale in November, and I bought in February.

Wow thats great! I bought mine the second they went on sale so I hope I do at least as well as you did!

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Jun 8 2012, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 8 2012, 11:02 PM)

Wow thats great! I bought mine the second they went on sale so I hope I do at least as well as you did!

Wow, that's amazing considering the time delay

involved. For Chicago, I had a 12:05 pm checkout

so I'm hoping for good seats. For Indy, I waited to

get tix later that day to see if would be further back

to take in the light show & my surroundings from a

different viewpoint!

2.gif 2.gif

cheer.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 8 2012, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jun 7 2012, 11:54 PM)

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I'd hate to break it to you but people have gotten first 7 rows from the musictoday presale (myself included). Assume that some seats are reserved for people with connections. I hope you get great seats.

Well, at the moment these are my first shows so

I'm quite happy to be in the same building as the boys!

Location TBD is fine by me! Just saying that IMO ViP

should make a difference considering the cost!

Understand that other presales are competing for seats.

I'm new at all of this and wasn't gonna waste hours of time

Trying to get a certain seat location.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 8 2012, 07:46 AM)

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yeah, what a concept- wanting to know your seat when you drop 300 big ones on a VIP package. . . angry.gif

Yeah, stupid idea, but it works for suckers

like myself, right? I can sense from the posts

that seasoned tour veterans don't like the VIP

route. Not trying to piss anyone off as you guys/ladies

get priority! For my first shows, it was just the "simple

and easy" plan to get tix! Expensive, but easy!

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jun 9 2012, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 8 2012, 07:46 AM)

Thanks for the info!

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yeah, stupid idea, but it works for suckers

like myself, right? I can sense from the posts

that seasoned tour veterans don't like the VIP

route. Not trying to piss anyone off as you guys/ladies

get priority! For my first shows, it was just the "simple

and easy" plan to get tix! Expensive, but easy!

No, what we're mostly mad at is the fact that the VIP packages last time around (for the Time Machine Tour) worked fine- you paid $300 after finding a seat that suited you! And for some asinine reason VIP Nation took over and changed the system. This whole "gambling for a seat" business is baffling and headache-inducing. But VIP Nation hasn't seen and won't see a dime of my money and that's the best kind of protest there is. . .