Why I DON'T think CA will be played live

ALifeson85

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 8 2012, 12:53 PM)
You know, I really don't understand the thought patterns of some fans sometimes. Its a concept album. Not playing the entire work live on tour is like:

Pink Floyd not performing The Wall Live!

Queensryche not performing Operation Mindcrime Live!

Fates Warning not performing A Pleasant Shade of Grey Live!

Dream Theater not performing Scenes from a Memory Live!

Is that really what we want? For Rush to retire and never have a representation of one of their finest works Live in its Entirety?

Really? Clockwork Angels is Epic! Wake up and smell the Angels that have fallen out of Heaven and landed on your face!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You mean like only playing part of 2112? Or, like only playing part of Hemispheres...or splitting it up into parts throughout the show? Hmmm, I'm not following you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with those that are thinking of an S&A tour duplication - begin the second half with 20 minutes of songs from CA that WON'T include Caravan or BU2B. The "suspense" on this tour will be much the same as it was during S&A-what will they wrap around the new album tracks? I wouldn't be surprised if they bypassed anything from "Moving Pictures" until maybe a Tom Sawyer-Limelight encore.

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 9 2012, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Jun 9 2012, 03:25 PM)

I think some have to remember that even though a radically different set list with mostly deep cuts might look good on paper, being at the shows is a whole different story.

I have found the deeper cuts to yield some awkward moments...where the diehard fans go nuts, but the collective energy drops way down. Entre Nous was like that. I loved it, personally, but the crowd in general was...meh. But when Subdivisions comes on...the roar is amazing!

The Answer is a little of each of coarse you have the new stuff:

Clockwork Angels

You can't eliminate the Staples: (People just want to hear those)

Tom Sawyer

The Sprit of Radio

Freewill

Limelight

YYZ

2112 Overture/ Temples

The you have to include one or two Epics: (Needed for the die hard fans)

Xanadu

Jacobs Ladder

Then you can throw in two or three unplayed or older tracks: (to keep it fresh)

Cut to the Chase

Test For Echo

Middletown Dreams

Losing It

The rest would be newer stuff with some Essentials classics thrown in:

Far Cry

Secret Touch

Mal-Nar

Subdivisons

the Big Money

Dreamline

Distant Early Warnings

And there you basically have a 2.gif concert!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 5 2012, 12:06 PM)
Is how vocally demanding it would be for Geddy. First off, there are NO instrumentals on CA...so for Geddy to have to sing for over and hour straight, esp. since some of the new songs DO sound a bit vocally demanding, would KILL his voice. ph34r.gif
I can MAYBE see them splitting up the entire album, in 2 - 3 song suites throughout the show, with older songs and instrumentals in between...but for them to perform the ENTIRE album in one straight shot...like I sayed - there is no way Geddy would be able to handle that, imo. no.gif

Still though - I'm LOVING the new album, and I'm sure we will still be hearing LOTS of stuff from CA on the upcoming tour yes.gif

I agree with you completely, HOWEVER, just because those songs were finished and placed on the album is not to say that 2.gif didn't write some instrumentals with the suite.... I think that it's possible that it will work the way you've said it and is likely to end out that way, but my theory is plausible and has been discussed by many others in other parts of On The Lighted Stage, thanks for reading

It Can Happen like below:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angles

Where's My Thing ?

Tears

Losing It

Manhattan Project

Malignant Narcissim

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

New World Man

Freewill

2112 Overture/Temples /Finale

Set 2:

The Analog kid

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Jacobs Ladder

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

YYZ/ Drum Solo

Alex Solo/ BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Pleanty of Rest through out and lets face it, most of CA are long instrumental works anyway.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif