Why Clockwork Angels is not SO important to me

Gilbertk

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this album, but in the long run..

1) This album will not have any effect on my career.

2) This album will not assist me in graduating college (unless I can shoehorn some formula or historical fact into the tune of one of the songs)

3) When I marry the love of my life, this album will not have played any part in our coming together or deciding to marry each other.

4) If or hopefully when we have our children, this album will have no bearing on that process ("from the point of conception' onwards)

5) I am a born-again Christian, so this album certainly won't have any effect on eternity for me..

Some people are taking this way to seriously. At the end of the day, it's just an album. It's fun to listen to and critique.. but some of the talk here is getting out of hand. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Enjoy it? Awesome! But it's borderline sad how much people are overreacting.

Edited by Gilbertk

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Jun 3 2012, 07:35 PM)
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/19/128716221333716548.jpg

Haha, love that movie.

Just thought I'd say.. some people are getting way too angry about this album. I get that it's a 2.gif album but.. wow

This degree of intensity amongst fans MIGHT be justified if Keith Moon and John Entwistle rose from the dead and recorded a sequel to Tommy with The Who.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 3 2012, 07:29 PM)

2) This album will not assist me in graduating college (unless I can shoehorn some formula or historical fact into the tune of one of the songs)
3) When I marry the love of my life, this album will not have played any part in our coming together or deciding to marry each other.
4) If or hopefully when we have our children, this album will have no bearing on that process ("from the point of conception' onwards)
5) I am a born-again Christian, so this album certainly won't have any effect on eternity for me..

Some people are taking this way to seriously. At the end of the day, it's just an album. It's fun to listen to and critique.. but some of the talk here is getting out of hand. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Enjoy it? Awesome! But it's borderline sad how much people are overreacting.

Well, for me....

1) If this album is not good, I will be so distraught that I will likely shut down my business, go bankrupt, lose my home, and end up on the street

2) If this album is good, I will likely be inspired to go to graduate school and get my Master's Degee in Musical Theory. If the album sucks, I will burn my degree because life will be pointless

3) My marriage is totally dependent upon this album. I have told my wife we will renew our vows if I like it, and if not, I will serve her divorce papers

4) We will likely not have anymore children if I do not like the album because I will be so depressed and distraught that sex just wouldn't interest me

5) I will be forced to question my faith, because, really, would God allow Rush to put out a bad album?

So as you can see we have somewhat different expectations for Clockwork Angels

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 3 2012, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jun 3 2012, 07:29 PM)

Well, for me....

1) If this album is not good, I will be so distraught that I will likely shut down my business, go bankrupt, lose my home, and end up on the street

2) If this album is good, I will likely be inspired to go to graduate school and get my Master's Degee in Musical Theory. If the album sucks, I will burn my degree because life will be pointless

3) My marriage is totally dependent upon this album. I have told my wife we will renew our vows if I like it, and if not, I will serve her divorce papers

4) We will likely not have anymore children if I do not like the album because I will be so depressed and distraught that sex just wouldn't interest me

5) I will be forced to question my faith, because, really, would God allow Rush to put out a bad album?

rofl3.gif

Touche.

Just so it's clear I am EXTREMELY excited about the album and cannot wait for the 12th, but some of the reactions around here.. GEEZ!

This was also just a retort to the "Why it's so important to me" thread.. just meant to be humorous, if just to myself.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 3 2012, 08:49 PM)
Well, for me....

OP- I totally respect what you are saying..

But this reply was seriously funny rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Especially #5