KANSAS...the band

launchpad67a

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 31 2008, 05:42 PM)
I'm still reading Landscapes by Kevin J. Anderson, and in one introduction to a story he writes: " 'Sea Wind' was inspired by the album and eponymous song 'Point of Know Return' (must have been a typo) by Kansas, one of my favorite progressive rock bands." I read that, then I thought of all the Kansas fans on this board, and then i thought well what have I really heard of Kansas except the few monster radio hits. Not much when I thought about it. So I clicked on this thread and read 1001's post Maestro quoted. It really sounds like I need to pick something up, like that 'the very best of kansas' cd. I'm making a mental note.

Most people are oblivious to how many awesome songs they have. I was a non-believer until I saw them live in 1991 at a concert club (Harpo's) I play at every now and again. My advice is to get their DVD. It's a rock solid performance, with awesome production quality, and it features some of their greatest tunes.

Highly recommended A+++++

http://bp3.blogger.com/_aeKED8wOQzw/Ru-uMBOm6zI/AAAAAAAAAvk/9JSBLHVc0Sw/s400/kansas_-_device_voice_drum_a.jpg

Edited by the masked drummer

Just wanted to bump this thread to say, guitarist Kerry Livgren suffered a stroke last night. His son Jake sent word on the Kansas board asking for prayers for his dad. I just thought Kansas fans would want to know.

His wife found him on the bathroom floor. That's about all the details at this time.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 1 2009, 03:08 PM)
Just wanted to bump this thread to say, guitarist Kerry Livgren suffered a stroke last night. His son Jake sent word on the Kansas board asking for prayers for his dad. I just thought Kansas fans would want to know.
His wife found him on the bathroom floor. That's about all the details at this time.

Oh no! sad.gif Hope he gets better soon.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 1 2009, 03:08 PM)

Terrible news. sad.gif

Sending good thoughts his and his family's way.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 2 2009, 09:51 AM)
Any more details about Kerry?

According to a post on the Kansas board, "...they are encouraged that Kerry does not appear to have any "sagging of the face"....the area of the brain which had the clot deals with the language/high-end skills......they are praying there is little damage to the area. A CAT-scan is scheduled for later today."

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2009, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 2 2009, 09:51 AM)
Any more details about Kerry?

According to a post on the Kansas board, "...they are encouraged that Kerry does not appear to have any "sagging of the face"....the area of the brain which had the clot deals with the language/high-end skills......they are praying there is little damage to the area. A CAT-scan is scheduled for later today."

Oh god - still doesn't sound good. He can't be too old...in his 50s maybe?

sad.gif

QUOTE (Ordinaryjoe @ Sep 2 2009, 12:11 PM)
Kansas is one of my favorites.The original members of course with Kerry Livgren.However,they have gone through too many incarnations to be relevant anymore.

Relevant really doesn't matter if your a fan, and you never stopped following the band.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 2 2009, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (Ordinaryjoe @ Sep 2 2009, 12:11 PM)
Kansas is one of my favorites.The original members of course with Kerry Livgren.However,they have gone through too many incarnations to be relevant anymore.

Relevant really doesn't matter if your a fan, and you never stopped following the band.

yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2009, 06:39 PM)
Been thinking a lot about this band today in light of that news about Kerry, so I thought I'd post these really cool early tunes. Enjoy.

Icarus

The Pinnacle

Awesome stuff ! I love these guys. Thanks Jim ! Long live Kerry !!! 1022.gif

Feb 20 2010 - Kansas at the Bergan Pac in N.J. Saturday night. Who is with me?????? . We need to make plans people

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 22 2009, 08:42 PM)
Hey Metal!
Glad you brought this thread back up!
Just listened to "Audiovisions" the other day.
I love every Kansas album from the self titled record to 1980's "Audiovisions."
Have a great time at the gig. Review Please!!!!

Earl

A great band like Kansas should have a bump

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 22 2009, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 22 2009, 08:42 PM)
Hey Metal! 
Glad you brought this thread back up!
Just listened to "Audiovisions" the other day.
I love every Kansas album from the self titled record to 1980's "Audiovisions."
Have a great time at the gig.  Review Please!!!!

Earl

A great band like Kansas should have a bump

1022.gif

Indeed!

Kansas played in some small bar in Fremont California a few years ago called The Saddle Rack.

I frigging missed it dude!

I was sooooo pissed.

I live in Concord but my office in Hayward is like 15 minutes away from that bar.

I could have gone right after work. UGHHHH!!!

I regret that. Never seen them.

Earl