May 29th

Gilbertk

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 26 2012, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ May 25 2012, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ May 24 2012, 08:01 AM)
Why would RR let Japan get it early? They would just be shooting themselves in the foot with all this "tight lid" stuff they have been doing. I don't see it.

Agreed. Especially when you consider all other Japanese retail outlets list a June 12th release, this doesn't add up. Definitely a typo. Aus is the first place to get this on June 8th and that's because they do releases on Fridays and the 8th is the weekend before the international release date.

I still predict a 5th-6th leak day. Someone will leak a stocked retail copy as they are about to release in Aus.

I work in a retail outlet that does sell music. What would be the best way for me to get an early copy?

Walmart is a retail outlet that sells CD's. I don't know it it's like this at every Walmart, but in my town it works like this:

Everything else they sell in the store arrives at the loading dock, the Walmart employees unload the trucks, they move them into the rear storage area / on-site warehousing (the "in the back" part of the store), or onto the distribution carts. But, for new release music (maybe movies and games, too, I don't know) they have a distributor representative who brings in the boxes, unloads the boxes, unpacks the boxes and puts the material on the shelves. This person is NOT a Walmart employee.

In addition to keeping the lid on new releases, they do this to prevent theft as well. I don't know if that's the norm or not. I know for two different Rush releases, I went into (two different) Best Buys on release day. The new album was not out on the rack, end cap or new release area. I asked an employee, and got the old "Who?" look. I walked around the store myself, and found the album (along with other new releases and re-stock albums) on a cart.

I work in the Electronics Department at Target. We have a truck Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with all the stuff from our distribution center. Thennnn, every weekday our special electronics merchandise comes in around noon via Fedex, and is brought out to us in a locked rolling cage. We pull the merchandise and put it out on the shelf, a lot of times we'll get stuff before release date (music and video games), and it will be marked with the proper date on the box. We take those out of the cage and hand to our back room people to put it in the lockup boxes. So while I can't open it or do anything at all with it, I believe I'll be holding Clockwork Angels in my hand on June 5th smile.gif