Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

The Owl

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/01/call-...-reveal-trailer

Well, The shark has been jumped hasn't it?

Dosen't mean I wont get it... Treyarch is doing this one, who in my view have become the superior developer over Infinity Ward. (or what's left of IW, after half the staff left the company, (and Im assuming the people who left are the ones who aren't inane monkeys, like those who stayed and made MW3)).

I loved Black Ops, and the multiplayer is much more balanced and much less insane than MW2 or MW3, plus Treyarch actually supports the game post-launch....but I digress... Ill play the campaign, and it looks fun, but MP is where it's at..

I also want to see if they put this "future slant" on the Zombies mode.

I loved the original Black Ops, so this might be a day one buy for me. I don't love CoD as much as I used to, but Treyarch has developed into one hell of a studio. For someone who thinks story arches are imperative to a good game, Treyarch impressed me with the original Black Ops (which is why people didn't like it that much, because it was too "slow").

It's a shame that CoD has been reduced to a yearly release now. Next year will be ten years since the original CoD came out. Looking back, I don't think anyone could say that the original game could be the kick starter for yearly releases.

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 1 2012, 08:05 PM)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/01/call-...-reveal-trailer

Well, The shark has been jumped hasn't it?

Dosen't mean I wont get it... Treyarch is doing this one, who in my view have become the superior developer over Infinity Ward. (or what's left of IW, after half the staff left the company, (and Im assuming the people who left are the ones who aren't inane monkeys, like those who stayed and made MW3)).

I loved Black Ops, and the multiplayer is much more balanced and much less insane than MW2 or MW3, plus Treyarch actually supports the game post-launch....but I digress... Ill play the campaign, and it looks fun, but MP is where it's at..

I also want to see if they put this "future slant" on the Zombies mode.

Very much agree, although I think MW3 is much better than MW2 as far as balance goes. I still can't understand how I can snipe a guy in the face, 3 feet away and get a hit marker?!?

Plus the spawn system in MW3 is so terrible. I have died within a second of spawning so many times, often back to back.

All that being said, I think I have more MP time in MW3 than any other games.

CoD 4 was just amazing. I've been thinking that the series has gotten too repetitive and that they needed a leap of faith, to either reinvigorate the series, or just kill it off and start over.

This is that leap of faith, and it looks like Halo.

Now for the build-up, and hopeful execution. Excited for CoD once again.

Halo 4 comes out a week earlier though 1022.gif

This has to be the most uninterested I've ever been for a video game. Seriously another one?! At least get a new engine before you release another! You have the money for it obviously!

I have to applaud activision for being able to release the same thing over and over again and still manage to essentially print money for a year. This game looks uninspired. Aside from running on a decade old engine, the only "innovation" is vehicles and horses which I believe shooters have been doing since 2001 (ok, maybe not horses but who cares about sniping someone on a hose).

I don't understand the hype about the series but if you enjoy the repackaging every year I'm not discouraging you from buying it.