Different Strings Guitar Solo

BigBob

I love "Different Strings" I wish the boys would have allowed a little more time for that guitar solo at the end. I always feel like Alex is just bust out some epic guitar solo, but alas the song fades out.

I hope the boys play this live sometime so that Alex can finish some unfinished business if you know what I mean.

What's some of your thoughts. Any reason why it was cut short? Was it an issue with album length?

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 25 2012, 01:24 PM)
I love "Different Strings" I wish the boys would have allowed a little more time for that guitar solo at the end. I always feel like Alex is just bust out some epic guitar solo, but alas the song fades out.

I hope the boys play this live sometime so that Alex can finish some unfinished business if you know what I mean.

What's some of your thoughts. Any reason why it was cut short? Was it an issue with album length?

I completely agree. I've always felt they faded that song out way to early and as the lead was getting good too. I Guess they had to put Natural Science in its Entirety!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 25 2012, 01:07 PM)
Because back then they knew the power of less is more....

I agree completely. I feel like that song bridges the gap between Entre Nous and Natural Science perfectly. Any longer, and I feel that it wouldn't work as well. Plus it does leave the listener wanting more, in the best way possible.

Although if it does get played live, I wouldn't mind if Alex extended the solo at all.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Apr 29 2012, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 25 2012, 01:07 PM)
Because back then they knew the power of less is more....

I agree completely. I feel like that song bridges the gap between Entre Nous and Natural Science perfectly. Any longer, and I feel that it wouldn't work as well. Plus it does leave the listener wanting more, in the best way possible.

Although if it does get played live, I wouldn't mind if Alex extended the solo at all.

If they tour with an Orchestra, I'm Sure Different Strings will make the set! I think it would be a great song coming off Alex's acoustic Solo!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

yeah...and then there was Vital Signs which was screaming for a solo and there was none.Anyone add a solo? I have a few times, know Alex did live.

Different Strings is Rush at their best, it's short and complex with haunting sounds.As well as the solo, the guitar in the background before the second verse is heavenly.