Mystery Science Theater 3000

CrossedSignals

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 19 2012, 01:04 PM)
I just got an email telling me that the Rifftrax guys are doing a live version of "Manos - The Hands Of Fate" in August. I've seen a couple of the live shows and they are always great.

http://www.rifftrax.com/

That's disappointing... I don't like it when they go back to the well like that. Joel's crew at Cinematic Titanic redid "Santa Claus vs. the Martians", and I disagreed with that as well.

Facebook! One of my high school hotties (yeah never knew me then, but now with Fb we chat and such) find out she's been a HUGE fan and Hulu's movies!

Can't think of the one she did a oneliner from, I liked it, said something she liked it...I said Prince of Space...her reply? Silly humans, your weapons have no effect on me.

heart.gif

laugh.gif

One of my favorite sketches:

Another hilarious sketch laugh.gif

Edited by CrossedSignals

I love Mystery Science Theater 3000, I have since I was a kid when I used to watch the show with my dad and sisters. I started watching them when Mike was the host, so I'd have to say he is my favorite. It would be almost impossible to pick a favorite episode, but the ones I've seen the most are MST3K: The Movie and Werewolf.

"Now that I can drive, those caribou don't stand a chance!"

"It's just that so many things have happened since we discovered those remains."

"Not things again!"

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/AmokTime85/wheresmy.jpg

Edited by VampireBiscuits

I love the MST3K movie! The Professor jokes kill me! rofl3.gif

Yes! No one I know (except my dad) knows/likes MST3K! I am so happy I have found others. lol. My personal favorites are Touch of Satan, Horrors of Spider-Island (personal fave), Soul Taker, and Werewolf. So ungodly funny, these guys are.

Clip from Horrors of Spider-Island:

..."Actress" is attempting to hang a pot while talking to others and cooking but completely misses the rack....drops the pan whilst looking confused.

Mike, mimicking the actress - "It didn't stay in the air!"

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jun 10 2012, 06:17 PM)
I love Mystery Science Theater 3000, I have since I was a kid when I used to watch the show with my dad and sisters. I started watching them when Mike was the host, so I'd have to say he is my favorite. It would be almost impossible to pick a favorite episode, but the ones I've seen the most are MST3K: The Movie and Werewolf.

"It's just that so many things have happened since we discovered those remains."
"Not things again!"

Big Mike fan here too! bekloppt.gif

Gotta give Joel his respect, but Mike is way funnier IMO.

And Werewolf is such a hilarious episode! laugh.gif

"Skin-walker."

"Skin-walker?"

Mike: "Texas skin-ranger."

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 11 2012, 12:50 PM)
My personal favorites are Touch of Satan, Horrors of Spider-Island (personal fave), Soul Taker, and Werewolf. So ungodly funny, these guys are.

Those are some of my favorites too. smile.gif

I love how they rip on Joe Estevez any chance they get. laugh.gif

And "The Touch Of Satan" has got to be one of the most hilarious movie titles ever.... especially when Tom sings it. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 13 2012, 03:20 PM)
My personal favorites are Touch of Satan, Horrors of Spider-Island (personal fave), Soul Taker, and Werewolf. So ungodly funny, these guys are.

Those are some of my favorites too. smile.gif

I love how they rip on Joe Estevez any chance they get. laugh.gif

And "The Touch Of Satan" has got to be one of the most hilarious movie titles ever.... especially when Tom sings it. rofl3.gif

.........That's where the fish live!

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 13 2012, 01:19 PM)

"Not things again!"

"Skin-walker."

"Skin-walker?"

Awesome! trink39.gif I actually just watched 'Manos: The Hands of Fate' after seeing so much love for it here, I was embarrassed that I'd never seen it. But Joel had some pretty funny moments in that one, I like his dry sense of humor but I like the back and forth between Mike, Crow and Tom Servo more.

Werewolf is hilarious, I think I'm going to have to watch it again! biggrin.gif

"Look Noel, I'm not superstitious."

"I'm stupid."

"This really isn't any kind of conventional animal I'm familiar with."

"It's not a bunny!"

rofl3.gif

Yes! No one I know (except my dad) knows/likes MST3K! I am so happy I have found others. lol. My personal favorites are Touch of Satan, Horrors of Spider-Island (personal fave), Soul Taker, and Werewolf. So ungodly funny, these guys are.

Clip from Horrors of Spider-Island:

..."Actress" is attempting to hang a pot while talking to others and cooking but completely misses the rack....drops the pan whilst looking confused.

Mike, mimicking the actress - "It didn't stay in the air!"

How have I not seen 'Horrors from Spider Island'?? I'm going to have to watch that one next, it sounds hilarious! popcorn.gif

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jun 14 2012, 04:07 PM)

"Not things again!"

"Skin-walker."

"Skin-walker?"

Awesome! trink39.gif I actually just watched 'Manos: The Hands of Fate' after seeing so much love for it here, I was embarrassed that I'd never seen it. But Joel had some pretty funny moments in that one, I like his dry sense of humor but I like the back and forth between Mike, Crow and Tom Servo more.

"I'm stupid."

"It's not a bunny!"

rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif I'm going to bump it up to the top of my queue and watch again too. trink39.gif

Oh yeah Manos is classssic! Joel has a lot of great moments. I was in the same boat as you.... I only watched it recently after hearing it's so popular. I've watched almost every Mike episode, by my Joel-era knowledge is a little lacking.

The history behind Manos is crazy too.... the actor who played Torgo was left permanently crippled by improperly worn leg braces (remember how he walks funny the whole time?). Manos is not merely the worst film ever made.... it actually ruined lives. laugh.gif

Hey MSTies, check out this AWESOME site,

The Annotated MST !

It explains every reference from almost every episode! (Amazing!) It looks like they're adding new episodes on a pretty regular basis too, working towards a complete collection.

This is perfect for those times Tom drops an obscure literary reference or Crow mentions some obscure character actor from the 70s! wink.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 16 2012, 03:54 AM)
Hey MSTies, check out this AWESOME site,

The Annotated MST !

It explains every reference from almost every episode! (Amazing!) It looks like they're adding new episodes on a pretty regular basis too, working towards a complete collection.

This is perfect for those times Tom drops an obscure literary reference or Crow mentions some obscure character actor from the 70s! wink.gif

Thank you! I've stumbled across this website before but I completely forgot the link. It's terrible for me understanding most of their jokes. I always have to have my dad explain it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 15 2012, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jun 14 2012, 04:07 PM)

"Not things again!"

"Skin-walker."

"Skin-walker?"

"I'm stupid."

"It's not a bunny!"

rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif I'm going to bump it up to the top of my queue and watch again too. trink39.gif

Oh yeah Manos is classssic! Joel has a lot of great moments. I was in the same boat as you.... I only watched it recently after hearing it's so popular. I've watched almost every Mike episode, by my Joel-era knowledge is a little lacking.

The history behind Manos is crazy too.... the actor who played Torgo was left permanently crippled by improperly worn leg braces (remember how he walks funny the whole time?). Manos is not merely the worst film ever made.... it actually ruined lives. laugh.gif

Oh wow, that's horrible that the guy who played Torgo in Manos was actually crippled by those braces he had to wear! It didn't even look like he was wearing braces, I thought they had just stuffed pillows in his pants to make him look awkward or something. Talk about adding insult to injury, sacrificing your legs for that movie!

I came across this MST3K clip the other day and have to post it here- one of my favorite sketches with Mike.

They're doing Manos live on August 16 here in Nashville. It will be broadcast to theaters all over the country. Check here for times and tickets:

http://www.fandango.com/rifftraxlive:%E2%8...4998/movietimes

For some reason they keep coming here. I guess they like the theater or something. This will be the third time I've seen them. They always give away digital downloads after the show so it is worth that alone. Last time they gave a link to download the short film they did before the movie. It's awesome.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 14 2012, 10:40 AM)
They're doing Manos live on August 16 here in Nashville. It will be broadcast to theaters all over the country. Check here for times and tickets:

For some reason they keep coming here. I guess they like the theater or something. This will be the third time I've seen them. They always give away digital downloads after the show so it is worth that alone. Last time they gave a link to download the short film they did before the movie. It's awesome.

Just a little bumper.gif to remind anyone who wants to go that it is tomorrow. My brother and I are planning to relive our passionately funny memories of the 1990s and the joy/pain that is Manos: The Hands Of Fate.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Aug 15 2012, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 14 2012, 10:40 AM)
They're doing Manos live on August 16 here in Nashville.  It will be broadcast to theaters all over the country.  Check here for times and tickets:

For some reason they keep coming here.  I guess they like the theater or something.  This will be the third time I've seen them.  They always give away digital downloads after the show so it is worth that alone.  Last time they gave a link to download the short film they did before the movie.  It's awesome.

Just a little bumper.gif to remind anyone who wants to go that it is tomorrow. My brother and I are planning to relive our passionately funny memories of the 1990s and the joy/pain that is Manos: The Hands Of Fate.

My dad and I were going to go tomorrow...But we decided we need to save money. So disappointing.. sad.gif

Definitely a fan here. Love Manos. Love Mitchell! Love the movie (are you boys building an interrocitor in there???....No!), though I do prefer Joel.

laugh.gif love MST3K

Here's a link they gave out last night with a little back stage peek:

http://www.rifftrax.com/manos

What a show! They did not repeat a single joke from the original Manos. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. What a great night and they are doing it again in October with the dog turd of a "great" bad movie called BIRDEMIC. I can't wait.

I wanted to see Manos: The Hands of Fate live so bad, but times are tough right now and I couldn't afford it. I'm so jealous of everyone who went! fists crying.gif I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see Birdemic when it comes around!

Speaking of Manos, I found an awesome cosplay photo from Comic Con.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac133/AmokTime85/manos.jpg

1022.gif