Ashamed to be from Baltimore!

ALifeson85

Haha, not REALLY, but here's a funny story by Alex, from theworstgig.com, where he recalls and incident during a show that Rush did here in Baltimore, back in'74... laugh.gif

http://worstgig.com/stories-artist/n-through-s/rush

For shame, Baltimore...for SHAME! dazed025.gif

tongue.gif

Ashamed to be from Baltimore

Well, it's a great town... but sure, the way the Orioles have done the past 15 years, I can understand being ashamed. pokey.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif That's funny! No wonder they don't come here very often! I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of...the show just wasn't promoted properly.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 5 2012, 08:51 AM)

Well, it's a great town... but sure, the way the Orioles have done the past 15 years, I can understand being ashamed. pokey.gif

laugh.gif

and losing your football team because your mayor was an ass.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 5 2012, 09:51 AM)

laugh.gif

Don't kid yourself. Baltimore is a dump. I so wish I could get out of here.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 5 2012, 08:32 AM)
Reminds me of a King Crimson story I heard. They were mistakenly booked at a soul club. They started with 21st Century Schizoid Man and everybody just left.

I would PAY to see video of that, LOL!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sadly, i agree... ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

It's easy to to take a shot at the Orioles since Angelos has destroyed a once proud franchance.

Wanna talk football?

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 5 2012, 12:53 PM)

laugh.gif

I love Baltimore. It's a real place with real problems but I love the people, the neighborhoods and the history. I've lived in the area for 47 years and wouldn't live anywhere else.

If you don't like it, get the hell out and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Apr 5 2012, 06:36 PM)

laugh.gif

I love Baltimore. It's a real place with real problems but I love the people, the neighborhoods and the history. I've lived in the area for 47 years and wouldn't live anywhere else.

If you don't like it, get the hell out and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

That's right, buddy, stand up for your stomping grounds. I have no doubt that Rush would get a great reception if they chose to return.

My state is getting a beating in SOCN lately and you have to be true to your school. Y'all ain't from there, y'all don't know.

2.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 6 2012, 12:20 AM)

laugh.gif

That's right, buddy, stand up for your stomping grounds. I have no doubt that Rush would get a great reception if they chose to return.

My state is getting a beating in SOCN lately and you have to be true to your school. Y'all ain't from there, y'all don't know.

2.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 6 2012, 01:20 AM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

Check that. Lived here all my life and its a dump...........

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 6 2012, 10:52 AM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

I was also born and raised here (NOT in the city) and have a sentimental attachment. I agree that there are some pretty dumpy parts, but there are also some good parts smile.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Apr 6 2012, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 6 2012, 10:52 AM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

I was also born and raised here (NOT in the city) and have a sentimental attachment. I agree that there are some pretty dumpy parts, but there are also some good parts smile.gif

Yes ma'am, well stated.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 6 2012, 09:52 AM)

laugh.gif

2.gif

If you hate it so much, wtf are you still here.

Feel free to take off.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 5 2012, 12:41 PM)

laugh.gif

and losing your football team because your mayor was an ass.

Yeah, that's why. wacko.gif

Would much prefer to have the Ravens to the Colts.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 6 2012, 04:58 PM)
Baltimore is like ANY OTHER city in the U.S...it's has it's good AND bad parts.

Quite correct.

Take East Baltimore, one of the most dangerous areas of any city in the US. Featured in two Cop Draumas (Homicide and The Wire). Yet in the center of it lies one of the best academic medical centers in the world.