BU2B

Queslington

OMG I just heard "Headong Flight" and I had a heart attack followed by an out of body experience during the slow guitar break down and then Alex's lead brought me back to life with an infusion of adrenaline which finally made me soil my underware!

This song is F@cking awesome! This will make mold reverse itself from petrified bread, it will turn coal into diamonds, it will make trees excrete fossil fuels, and it will make you soil you pants.!

This message was brought to you by " Depends adult wear"!

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 1 2012, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 1 2012, 11:53 AM)
I hope they change it to Brought up to Believe on the actual album. Honestly, the name BU2B is something 2-bit pop artists do to attract the hipster crowd. I love the song but seeing the written title makes me twitch a little. It's the sad reality of my generation that was raised with computers and this terrible shorthand.

R U A H8R?

653.gif

I'll just pull out my oversized glasses and purple hoodie so you can call me a hipster.

I love the song, but the title... I f*cking hate it. God, you almost expect them to add "LOL" to the lyrics for the re-edit.

"Until our final breath

The joy and pain that we receive

Must be what we deserve

I was BU2B LOL!"

It just fits so well with the subject matter; referencing the social media generation while talking about how the poor and starving deserve to starve and be poor.

I defended "Net boy, net girl," but this is... this is STUPID.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 2 2012, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 2 2012, 12:56 AM)
It's just a song title so I don't care either way. If they changed the title Natural Science to NS, the actual musical & lyrical content wouldn't change so what does it matter?

Time after time we lose sight of the way

Of course it doesn't matter. But wouldn't it be silly if Natural Science was actually named Pappy's Poopy Diaper instead? Would that change the song? Nope. Same great song, but with a shitty title, pun ENTIRELY instended. biggrin.gif And I think that "text lingo" shit is just a way of dumbing it down or sounding like Prince. What's next for Rush, a song called C U 2nite, K? Wouldn't that make you throw up a bit in your mouth?

Song is most important, but that doesn't mean everything else means nothing.

Yeah, naturally I see your point. smile.gif

But Pappy's Poopy Diaper is a far cry from an acronym. They can go ahead and change Natural Science to NS, Red Barchetta to RB, La Villa Strangiato to LVS, YYZ to....YYZ! wink.gif

You hate text lingo. Since I'm not too fond of it myself, I understand. But those things do not make me throw up in my mouth. But a shitty tune (or lyrics) might.

I know what you mean when you say "Changing the title wouldn't change the song." Because literally, it wouldn't. But I've always thought of titles as at least 25% of any work. I personally put a huge amount of effort in my titles. A shitty title pisses me off.

And it's not that "BU2B" is just an acronym for the title, it actually IS the title (and happens to be an acronym).

Here's how you go about this - officially title it "Brought up to Believe" on the album. Then when you go touring and stuff, you can REFER to it as "BU2B" and list it as "BU2B" to poke fun at the fact that you thought "BU2B" was a good idea for a song title.