Soccer: Ireland hosts Israel

physics23

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 4 2005, 08:31 PM)
Well gee, isn't this a hot topic. 2:2 at halftime.

I found football (soccer) doesn't get much air-time Physics wink.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 2 2005, 03:07 PM)
The game's this Saturday night. Will you be watching? trink39.gif

Physics

Sorry didn't watch it but your guys got a good result.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 5 2005, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 2 2005, 03:07 PM)
The game's this Saturday night. Will you be watching?  trink39.gif

Physics

Sorry didn't watch it but your guys got a good result.

trink39.gif

Yeah 2:2's more than we could have hoped for against a team like Ireland's.

Analysts are saying France'll advance from the top position, and Israel, Ireland and Switzerland will rival for the second place. Right now the Swiss lead Group 2 and Israel's right beneath'em. Ireland's in 3rd and somehow France is only numero quatro...

I've never been interested in soccer (ok, football, if you must) much, but after the game with Ireland Saturday night I have to say the game is not without its charms.

http://www.cardmaster.com/card/Soccer/Animated/bouncing.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 6 2005, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 5 2005, 05:24 PM)
I know Iran is doing very well.

Indeed.

Methinks they will make it to World? 653.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 6 2005, 11:17 AM)

Indeed.

Yep, Iran's guaranteed their place at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. That's much to my dismay, of course, as I think they're the last remaining country who openly seeks Israel's destruction. I'm still hoping there'll be another revolution there and they'll change the country's name back to Persia.

As far as soccer goes, though, if Israel and Iran play in the same group, the latter'll forfeit the game, which is fine with me.

Anyway, it was pretty interesting to see Israel play against Ireland. Ten stubbled physics23-looking guys running around the field, and opposite them ten fair-skinned and well-groomed Irishmen. I hear our goalkeep is still a source of much contempt in Irish bars. He did put on an extravagant show for the refs, but isn't that part of the game?

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 14 2005, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 6 2005, 11:17 AM)

Indeed.

Yep, Iran's guaranteed their place at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. That's much to my dismay, of course, as I think they're the last remaining country who openly seeks Israel's destruction. I'm still hoping there'll be another revolution there and they'll change the country's name back to Persia.

As far as soccer goes, though, if Israel and Iran play in the same group, the latter'll forfeit the game, which is fine with me.

Anyway, it was pretty interesting to see Israel play against Ireland. Ten stubbled physics23-looking guys running around the field, and opposite them ten fair-skinned and well-groomed Irishmen. I hear our goalkeep is still a source of much contempt in Irish bars. He did put on an extravagant show for the refs, but isn't that part of the game?

Having spent some time in Israel in the 1980s, if ever there's an Israel vs Ireland good looks competition, I'm afraid we'll lose hands down.

It was a good result for Israel - Fair play to them. I was at the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival in Kilkenny at the time, so only saw five minutes of the match. Unfortunately it was the five minutes during which the penalty was awarded and taken and taken again.

No complaints about the decision - O'Shea was wrong.

I would point out though, that at the moment, Ireland tops the group with Israel third behind Switzerland and France in fourth place. France and Switzerland do have games in hand though. here's the table (and I hope this pastes in a readable format)

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying : Group Four Table

1 Rep of Ireland 13 Points

2 Switzerland 12 Points

3 Israel 11 Points

4 France 10 Points

5 Cyprus 1 Point

6 Faroe Islands 1 Point

France are playing so badly at the moment, I still think either Ireland or Switzerland can top the group, but Israel gave Ieland's ambitions a fair kick in the goolies.

Fair play to ye!!!!!!

^

I didn't know you'd actually set foot on Israeli soil. My impression was that you were out at sea the whole time.

trink38.gif

Archived