The 2012 N.Y. Mets Thread

metaldad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the thread title should be changed to..."The battle for first place"?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Act 2 starts tonight! LETS GO METS!!!! 1022.gif

They better get a pitcher before the deadline

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 13 2012, 09:44 AM)

i wouldn't trade away any good prospects. they're not going to win the world series or get far so i say ride it out with what we have. their bullpen still sucks and one pitcher in the pen isn't going to make a difference and if they get another starter, well their bullpen still sucks. biggrin.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 13 2012, 10:51 AM)

i wouldn't trade away any good prospects. they're not going to win the world series or get far so i say ride it out with what we have. their bullpen still sucks and one pitcher in the pen isn't going to make a difference and if they get another starter, well their bullpen still sucks. biggrin.gif trink38.gif

Exactly! DO NOT TRADE ANY PROSPECTS!

I say you go with what you have and live with it. Don't mess with the future for a team that's isn't going to win it all with the current team. Let them mature and grow. They are fun to watch and for this season, that's enough for me.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 14 2012, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 13 2012, 10:51 AM)

Exactly! DO NOT TRADE ANY PROSPECTS!

I say you go with what you have and live with it. Don't mess with the future for a team that's isn't going to win it all with the current team. Let them mature and grow. They are fun to watch and for this season, that's enough for me.

Who said to trade anyone ? Plenty of players get dropped this time of year and out pitching can not get any worse so.......... If you can find a team dumb enough to want Bay i would trade him for a case of Beer

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 16 2012, 10:13 AM)
If you can find a team dumb enough to want Bay i would trade him for a case of Beer

When he was allowed to leave town Red Sox fans killed the team.

MD, don't you know the appropriate exchange for a crappy player is not a case of beer? That's of considerable value around these parts. laugh.gif What about a bag of batting practice balls and a dirty jock? That's what the asking price for Carl Crawford and John Lackey, combined, is.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 18 2012, 07:26 AM)
i think it's safe to say that we need to work on the bullpen in the offseason. tongue.gif comp26.gif

We will win Nothing without new owners

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 16 2012, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 16 2012, 10:13 AM)
If you can find a team dumb enough to want Bay i would trade him for a case of Beer

When he was allowed to leave town Red Sox fans killed the team.

MD, don't you know the appropriate exchange for a crappy player is not a case of beer? That's of considerable value around these parts. laugh.gif What about a bag of batting practice balls and a dirty jock? That's what the asking price for Carl Crawford and John Lackey, combined, is.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 18 2012, 08:37 PM)
i can't watch this bullpen anymore. angry.gif if they don't clean house with the bullpen next year i'm done. angry.gif tongue.gif

I thought they were "Fun" to watch laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 18 2012, 08:37 PM)
i can't watch this bullpen anymore.  angry.gif  if they don't clean house with the bullpen next year i'm done.  angry.gif  tongue.gif

I thought they were "Fun" to watch laugh.gif

every game now i go in thinking, not who's starting, but which guy in the bullpen is going to blow it tonight. just when you thought it couldnt get any worse than when we had guys like schoeneweis. biggrin.gif